Firearms Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
I wish the Rare Breed guys hadn't gotten served the cease and desist from the ATF on their FRT trigger and that they were able to fix its flaws. Now THAT would have been a hoot. I was planning to build a 9mm AR pistol on either a CMMG radial delay upper, or Garrow's gas operated 9mm upper (whenever they finally release it) and drop a Rare Breed in it and then the shiite hit the fan with them. Oh well.

I know they planned to fight the ATF, but haven't heard any updates since all that hoopla back in July.

·
Registered
159 Posts
a little off from the original subject of Binary Triggers, but.....I'm lovin' me some CMMG firearms - have 2 of their Banshee Pistols, 1 in .45acp and my Wife's 9mm.....and.....I just ordered and it's on it's way - the Resolute 300 in dedicated 5.7x28 (not the conversion) (to go along with my FN 5.7 and it's magazines)

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish the Rare Breed guys hadn't gotten served the cease and desist from the ATF on their FRT trigger and that they were able to fix its flaws. Now THAT would have been a hoot. I was planning to build a 9mm AR pistol on either a CMMG radial delay upper, or Garrow's gas operated 9mm upper (whenever they finally release it) and drop a Rare Breed in it and then the shiite hit the fan with them. Oh well.

I know they planned to fight the ATF, but haven't heard any updates since all that hoopla back in July.
Yeah... the two times i got mine to work were giggly.
Sent it back, $400 down the toilet.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah... the two times i got mine to work were giggly.
Sent it back, $400 down the toilet.
I took my Wife's PCC to a local store, bought a Binary for it, they installed while I waited - they fired and worked with it but found that the trigger wasn't reliable in that particular rifle so they re-installed the original trigger and gave my $s back to me - it's called "discretion"

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
For my 300 Blackout pistol, I looked at both the Franklin Armory BFS III and the Fostech Echo. I liked the Fostech initially, but upon further research found they have had some issues with it breaking as the housing is cast, so I went with the BFS. Dropped it in the 300 and it's worked like a charm from the get go.

As far as ripping rounds with it, one thing I've found is that full on supersonic 125 grain loads out of that little 7.5" barrel makes control challenging. I think once I get the suppressor on it and subsonics running (when the freakin ATF ever gets my form 4 approved) it'll tame it down quite a bit.

The truth is, I really want it more for very fast double taps more than anything, but yeah, it is still fun to do mag dumps, if not expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts