Frankensteins anyone?

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by Lessdragon, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Lessdragon

Lessdragon New Member

So I just got this lovely piece of machinery and I was wondering if anyone else has something like this or if everyone on here.... looks down on this sort of behavior...? And yes that is a high capacity mag for 20 rounds, fixed not quick release and yes it is functioning.

Attached Files:

2. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

20 rounds for a bolt action? I don't get it. Not bashing. Just don't get it. How hard is it to lean on something to shoot long distances. I have a Mosin and a Mauser that I shoot for distance. I can't imagine trying to rest on a bag or something with that big mag on it.

3. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Nice looking rifle. Beats the sh!t out of reloading every 5 rounds or so.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

thats pretty sweet. i know there are extended box mags for the 03a3 springfields been keeping an eye on numrich for one of the kits.

5. Lessdragon

Lessdragon New Member

No bags for me

As far as my potential plans are concerned I wont really be resting my gun on any bags, MAYBE a wall or something for the end of the rifle, but for the most part I am trying to be as proficient as possible kneeling/standing. And doctheroc said, I would much rather reload once every 24 or 25 rounds then every 4 or 5. Oh and it will be a lot easier to not forget where my high cap mag will be since its attached to my rifle:D

6. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Looks like an old trench rifle setup from the days of WWI to WWII. Longer magazines were thought up to decrease time spent reloading, and more time shooting.

Be sure to look up the value of that thing. Could be worth something (unless it was obvious that maybe someone put that mag on later). :)

7. freefall

freefall New Member

Sgt Miller, you're back! Glad to see you.

8. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Active Member

Attached Files: