Fourth gun!!

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by kaido, Sep 13, 2012.

1. kaido

kaido New Member

Woo!! So excited. I've wanted one of these rifles for a little more then a year now and I've finally got one.

I originally went to grab a cell since mine was starting to crap out and figured while I was out I might as well stop at the gun shop. Soon as I walked in and looked at the rack I knew I wasn't about to leave the store with out it.

Since you're all wondering now.....it's my first SKS. After looking a little more into it, it seems like I almost stole this rifle. It was made at the Tula armory in 1953 and all of the serial numbers match up. All I paid for it was $219.00 before taxes (5%), being who I am I also grabbed 1,000 rounds of ammunition as well. ($270.00 before taxes).

Attached Files:

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Good job. Looks like a great deal.

3. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

Hell yeah thats a good deal. There normaly around 300 here in mi

4. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Wow 400$ here on treasure coast..our LGS thinks cause they have TONS of stuff the can rob people for it tho I guess.

5. kaido

kaido New Member

Glad to hear my gun shop doesn't know what they truly have......might buy another two or three and then let them know how much they normally go for. But they may also of dropped the price since all of Canada has a 5 round law for any center fire rifle and they had to pin the magazine.

6. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

Ohhh that can be fixed very easily...... Ive got 10 20 and 35 rounders for mine

ForumRunner_20120913_221959.jpg

7. bigjim

bigjim New Member

Russian models go for between $500 to $700.00 here. You can get 5 round magazines for the SKS's. Not shure how they would pin the magazine, since the factory one is removable and you can slip a 30 round one in without modification.

Jim

Yugo model on the bottom.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  8. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Nice! I got a 1954 Tula made SKS back in 1994, my 1st firearm purchase :) you're going to love the Russian SKS!

9. kaido

kaido New Member

I would love to fix this, but the law says no more then 5rounds.

I understand what you're getting at. My factory magazine comes out, but any center fire magazine that is shipped to Canada gets a pin put into it. A little off topic, but I've even seen a 100 round drum for an AR 15 that was pinned to only accept five rounds......

The SKS was going to be my very first firearm, but I decided to pick it up as my second one......as you can tell it wasn't my second. Haha

I've only fired four rounds through it so far, but I can't wait to fire the other 996 that I have for it. Didn't even have to fire it before I fell in love with it though.

10. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

The Russian SKS was my first firearm... :)

11. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

Did they pin it or just put a pad in the bottem ?

12. kaido

kaido New Member

They've got a pin riveted into the base of the magazine. I'll take a picture of it when I get a chance.

13. kaido

kaido New Member

Picture of the pin used in factory magazine.

Attached Files:

14. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

Wow, now thats a pin

15. kaido

kaido New Member

No kidding. Thing is a solid piece all the way down to the rivete.

16. bigjim

bigjim New Member

That sucks, now I understand why we got rid of the Crown in 1776. No 2nd amendment or Bill of Rights, up there, huh??

I am sure no one here would object if you all petitioned to be the 51st state.

Jim

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  17. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

In my area...
    Yugoslav 250-300
    Chinese. 300-375
    Russian. 450-500
    Good buy. :)

18. kaido

kaido New Member

Yes it does man, but I guess it's better then only being allowed single shots and rim fires though eh?

As far as I'm aware, owning a firearm of any type is a privilege in Canada an not a right. We do have a Bill of Rights, except I think outs is called the Charter of Rights and Freedoms or something similar. I'm all for the petition idea though. Haha

Sweet, I'm not a fan of how the Yugoslavians look, but I am a fan of their price. Haha