Four-Gun Range Bag?

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by mdauben, Jul 25, 2013.

1. mdauben

mdauben New Member

I've got a nice range bag I've used for years. The problem is, it only has two padded pockets for handguns and I find myself normally taking 3-4 guns with me to the range most days. I can just stick the extras in the main compartment but then they end up knocking around with my muffs, ammo boxes, extra mags, etc, etc.

So, I'd like to get a quality bag with provision to carry four handguns. Unfortunately, everything I can find in the local gun and sporting goods shops are just set up for two guns. :(

Anyone have any recommendations?

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

Not sure if it would work for your purposes, but I actually use a tool bag. I forget what brand it is off-hand, but the nice thing about it is it is very roomy. Inside, there's elastic bands that I use to strap my guns into. I usually take 3-4 with me as well. The bands hold them in place very well, and there's plenty of room for magazines, ammo, targets, tape, cleaning stuff, etc.

Try going to Home Depot and looking around. When I get home from work today I'll check what brand it is and post a link to it, maybe some pictures if you want.

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

4. 25-5

25-5 New Member

I have a Midway USA Competition Range Bag. Inside it has 2 gun rugs on the sides. I put two additional pistols in their own rugs in the center with my muffs towels etc. Side pockets hold mags and all sorts of range necessities. I do carry my ammo in a separate carrier, always have. The bag is great and comes in coyote brown or black. I think its fifty bucks.

5. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I gave up on the idea of carrying guns in a range bag. I got a nice aluminum gun case. I can get 2 revolvers with 10" barrels in it. You might be able to get four semi auto pistols in it.

I started carry two pistols to IDPA matches. Some safety officers expect me to use my Ruger P95 in a way that no one would use it. To counter dense safety officers I traded a Springfield XD competition model.

Anytime you see a used Glock at a bargain price buy it. I traded the Glock straight up for the XD. In the end I have a nice XD for $350.

6. mdauben

mdauben New Member

Thanks JW357 and 25-2! I'll definitely take a look at those two options. :)

I do have a hard-sided gun case with interior padding that will fit four handguns comfortably. The problem is I'd still need a separate range bag to carry ammo, mags, ear protection, etc. I'd rather have one large bag for everything.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  7. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

If the bag is big enough, perhaps the fix is, as 25-5 says above, having separate gun rugs for more guns. Personally, I use a duffel bag and put inside of the duffel bag two Midway handgun cases, which are themselves large enough for one huge pistol or two smaller pistols (plus pouches for extra stuff and magazines in each bag). I regularaly carry 3-4 pistols with this setup.

8. 25-5

25-5 New Member

The bag is big enough. I carry 2 6" N frames in the provided rugs, a 4" N frame, and my 1911. + muffs, like I said. It comes with a brass bag which I don't use.

9. Missouribound

Missouribound Active Member

If you want a very good quality bag, check out Bagmaster. I bought a couple of pistol cases and a carry bag 10+ years ago and they have withstood the test of time. but they ain't cheap.

10. Crazycastor

Crazycastor New Member

Check out voodoo tactical bags. They might have what your looking for.

11. mdauben

mdauben New Member

That Voodoo Tactical bag looks like just what I've been looking for. Thanks for the tip!

12. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

Mine holds four pistols, make sure this one does. I didn't buy from them.