Found this lower today , anyone know anything about this company ?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by purehavoc, Feb 7, 2012.

1. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I thought this was pretty neat and its not terrible far from me , might have to pick on up just wish it was a little bit cheaper , anyone know anything about this company and how well they do business ? Or maybe who machines their lowers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  2. Jkl-28

Jkl-28 New Member

I've read some reviews on them but don't have any personal experience with that company....
    But what I did read sounded pretty good!

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Looks good and seems machined nicely. Don't know anything specific about them though. If too expensive, lots of lowers from IL, ArmaLite and RRA for starters.

4. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

It wasnt terrible expensive $135 . I did call to see if I could get a break on 10 of them and they offered me free shipping on them , which was better than a swift kick in the balls I guess . I was just looking for a different lower than you dont see a whole lot of that I think has a unique roll mark . I think Im going to go ahead and pick on up and sit on it for a while :D . They seemed like pretty straight up people but they really werent interested in telling me who was machining their lowers, I cant say I blame them. I just wanted to make sure it was from a quality manufacturer thats all.

6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Not saying it effects quality of the lower but the rollmark is not all that unique...actually it borders on a trademark infringement on Springfield Armory's centuries old logo...just sayin. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Wow, no doubt about it!

8. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

o_O

I dunn. Id bw more worried about getting a cease and desist order from Disney....

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

LOL didnt think about that , Guess that gives me a good reason to get one ordered then huh :D

10. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

I love the SA logo, i think its pretty cool :cool: Glad someone said something cuz that was the first thing that came to mind :p

11. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

This thread needs a homework assignment: :confused:

Springfield Armory - Springfield, Massachusetts

Springfield Armory - Geneseo, Illinois

There is a big difference.

...to the googles men!

12. Quentin

Quentin New Member

We'll let you google all you want. What difference does it make, doesn't change the the fact that the old logo was copied. Not saying anything should be done about it since for all I know that logo may be in the public domain now.

13. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

The difference is:

Springfield Armory Massachusetts was a government arsenal which operated from 1777-1968.

Springfield Armory Illinois is a private corporation which originated in San Antonio and Devine, Texas operating from 1974 to present.

My point is:

Some people overlook these facts and think they are one and the same...logos or no logos.

14. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

The logo (minus the lettering) is the Army Ordnance Oorps logo as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  15. nfafan

nfafan New Member

OK, so it looks like the logo infringement thing is a non-starter as USA Ord is "public" and the "SA" that built my 1942 Garand is NLA.
    Look closely at RatWorks and it has the angry rat coming out of the right side of the circle - cool!

16. nfafan

nfafan New Member

Knowing these guys - you would do the AR community a service by asking them if they know from their industry-insider info; just who is making who's lowers.

I think a lot of folks would be surprised to discover that the lower of their beloved Brand X was made by their loathed Brand Y.

17. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

There are a *few* companies that make *most* lowers.

First hit from a Google search:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_12/318113_AR_Lower_Receiver_FAQ__56k_beware__MMS__CMT__LAR__LMT_compared___.html

18. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Why does it matter where they come from? Suppliers can vary their tolerances per customers specs. The supplier will also vary the intensity of their inspection process per customers expectations. Any customer worth their weight will also perform inspections of the parts. Suppliers know which customers do this as well. Been there, done that.