Found the PERFECT bug out spot

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by 12fretter, Apr 17, 2012.

1. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

But the partners who were going to fund it backed out. Wow, this property was amazing. 84 acres, mostly wooded, total of 4.5 garage stalls with wood stove for heat in the exterior 3.5 stall building, oil rights with two pumps working from the local oil company, and those wells produce all the free natural gas you could want, all piped directly into the house. It also has a little rental property on it collecting $400 a month and the person who lives there is a nurse! Did I mention the stocked 6 acre pond, barbed wired fencing, hidden from street (in the middle of nowhere anyway), and storage galore? Someone ought to snatch this up.

2. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Sounds amazing. I always get jealous when i see people finding my perfect things before me; eh thats life.

3. bkt

bkt New Member

What's the selling price?

4. woody63m

woody63m New Member

5. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

I think the asking price is $269K but they know they won't get it. It's probably more around $230K-$240K, northeast Tennessee up 75 around Helenwood. We took a tour, in fact, I might still have some pics of it. I'll dig them up and post them.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  6. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

I guess I should have made it known that whoever buys it can expect me, my wife and my daughter to show up with rations and guns when the SHTF. Be looking for a primed '76 GMC Sierra with a "Fire Obama" bumper sticker.

7. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

LOL thats cheap you cant even touch flat farm land here for less than $10,000 @ acre . You would be talking $840,000 for 84 acresw here with nothing on it . Sounds like a bargain to me :D

8. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

Here is a link to some pics:

BUGOUT

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I like it , wish they had a pic of the front of that place though

10. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

I can say this, the front yard leading to the road is longer than that backyard you can see. It's a well manicured front lawn, with just a little hump of a rise from the house to the road with a long gravel driveway, making it not so noticeable from the street. There are a couple of neighbors, but Helenwood is way off the beaten track, believe me.

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

NE TN is a very nice area - lots of mountains, woodlands, rivers and nooks and crannies - good places to hide. Back in 06' while working in Johnson City I nearly got my hands on 20acres of black walnut wooded property - missed out on it by 2hrs.

Who needs flat land? Sure it makes farming easier but the Japanese and Chinese have been step farming for millenia. And don't forget hydroponic gardening - a lot of food can be grown in a very small area.

12. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

I would think the way the real estate market is now some good deals could be gained on a bug out place? I bought my "bug in" place here in NW Tennessee with a stocked pond and some acreage. The place I really wanted was deep in the sticks and 45 minutes away from the closest store. The wife wouldn't have any of that! I considered which I wanted most, then I realized I wouldn't be able to afford anything if I made the wrong selection :( Sure is a change from a urban life time though... Got the wife out of the city, now to get the city out of the wife!

13. Kinetics

Kinetics New Member

Wow. . .i cant wait until im old enough to buy land and have the cash to buy land. Beautiful pics though, good change in scenery from where im at.