Found some old double barrels.......

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by madhttr, Apr 4, 2012.

1. madhttr

madhttr New Member

Hello,
    So my dads birthday is coming up and I wanted to get him a "new" gun. I found these two old Double Barrel shotguns for 195 a piece. One is a JT Lower and the other is a Stevens. both I was told were inoperable but nobody bothered to figure out why. I dont want to buy a gun and find out I bought a nice wall hanger. If I postd good pics up next week of the guns. Could someone tell me if there are safe to shoot? they are circa 1900 and was told they were black powder.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I cannot tell you if a gun is safe to shoot from WAAAY over here- but there may be some things that would make me tell you it is UNSAFE to shoot.

For a few bucks more, with some careful shopping, you could find a decent Stevens 311- something like THIS: http://www.gunauction.com/buy/10984...del-311-.16-ga-with-18.25-inch-double-barrels It will need some cleanup, some Formby's Refinisher and some linseed oil for the stock- but those are DIY sort of things.

Besides the purchase price, you need to add shipping, and the fee that your dealer will charge for recieving it and transferring to you. That seller has decent feedback, and there are other guns on auctionarms and on gunbroker.