Found-Remington Model 614

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Razerman, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Razerman

Razerman New Member

When I was 14 I found a Remington Model 614 bolt action .22 behind a hallway door in an old farm house (Grandpa's). My older brother took the bolt action out, saying it was to old for safely shooting modern ammo.
    Is that true or false? Part two--35 years later--I still have the rifle and my brother lost the bolt (he cant remember what happened it) any help or information about this gun would be appreciated.

Thanks all,

R.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

False. Unless the barrel is rusted through or plugged it will safely handle 22lr. Have a gunsmith inspect the bore first to be sure it is in good condition. Agealone will not render a 22 lr unsafe. Only neglect.

3. Razerman

Razerman New Member

Thanks, anyone have any idea where I can find a replacement bolt?

RR.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Welcome to the Firearmstalkforum. We have an "Introductions" area, too.

On parts, check www.e-gunparts.com or google on Remington 614 parts. Check firearm auctions sites. I believe that the Remington 514 may be interchangable.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  5. Razerman

Razerman New Member

Thanks Danf_fl.

R.

6. Razerman

Razerman New Member

Well it's been an unsuccessful 2 days of looking for a bolt for my 614. I've been to many great auction, gun parts and forum links looking. If anyone has a site I can check out please post. I may have to "retire" my Remington. It just seems wrong to bury this gun in limbo for another 35 years..
    Thanks

RR.

7. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

2 days is too soon to give up, go to gun shows, one will turn up when you least expect it.

8. Razerman

Razerman New Member

Still looking but I'm having no luck, :( anyone have any sources that you would like to share?
    Thanks,
    RR.

9. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

Bolt Assembly

I order the majority of my parts through Numrich. They are currently sold out of that particular part, but they get 'em in all the time.

(That's, of course, if the 514 is interchangeable with the 614...)

10. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Keep bugging your brother...hopefully he didn't trash it...

Even if the 514 bolt fits, it may require some hand-fitting to work properly...a gunsmith might be your best bet.

11. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

any gunsmith or machinist could make a bolt (i've made them).