found old palm revolver in ground. want to know some info on it if i can. *PICS*

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by crusninmy3spd, Jun 17, 2011.

1. crusninmy3spd

crusninmy3spd New Member

so i dont have time to go into to detail about how i found very interesting little thing but i was hoping somebody in these forums could identify the make n model that would be cool. i know this could of been just some old childrens toy long ago but maybe its not.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

While difficult to tell from your pictures, I am going to error on the side of saying that is a cast children's toy just based on the definition around the cylinder and the lack of any seperation between it and the frame.

Possibly an old Roy Roger's style cap pistol that used to shoot those old, red, rolled up caps. Damn those were fun to play with back in the day. :cool:

JD

3. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

nail on the head...the hammer rests too far up on the rame and lies on a round drum (shouldnt be there) where the caps would be held.

4. Car54

Car54 New Member

Good eyes JD. At first glance it didn't look real to me either. Maybe a Fanner 50?

Attached Files:

5. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

nail on the head...the hammer rests too far up on the frame and lies on a round drum (shouldnt be there) where the caps would be held.

6. towboater

towboater Active Member

Cool find. Is it a metal detector find?

7. Hawg

Hawg New Member

It's not a Fanner 50 and the drum didn't hold caps. The left side of the cylinder swung up and the caps were placed on a stud and threaded up to the hammer.

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Ever take the whole roll and smack it with a hammer?

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Haha..........yes. My older brother and I used to do that. :D

We got bored with the cap gun because it had a lot of misfires.

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Oh yes. Many times. We also would take rocks, wrap the caps around them with some Elmer's glue, and we had reuseable grenades during our Cops and Robbers gun fights. :D

Why would cops have grenades, because we were hardcore... LOL

11. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Anybody live close to a railroad as a kid, if so do you remember the signal caps the workers would lay on the tracks to warn of any unexpected traffic. They were like those little red caps on steroids...smack one of those with a hammer...BOOM!!! Those were fun...:D

12. Hawg

Hawg New Member

I remember seeing red packets strapped to the rails. Three of them about three inches square about 50 yards apart. They were extremely loud and were to warn the engineer of track workers so they had to be loud to be heard in the cab.

13. Leathermarshmallow

Leathermarshmallow New Member

Torpedoes. A couple of boys with imagination could do alot with those railroad torpedoes.

14. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

I would think it was one of the very small Hubley single cap pistols. These small Colt like toys sold for around .50 cents in the 1940s and 50s. This was the first introduction to handguns by many kids after WWII.:D

15. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

yep...thats exactly what I remember. We would walk the tracks looking for any that had been left behind or had fallen off of the tracks.