Firearms Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up a nice Beretta at a pawn shop last week. First thing I did was load a magazine try to manually rack them all to check cycling and clambering. That made it to 2nd round. They wouldn't chamber at all. Got home, disassembled, and found some kind of partial sleeve pushed into chamber up to barrel. Anyone ever seen anything like this? Also, I think the pistol must have been confiscated evidence as it had what looked like a case number engraved on slide, frame and barrel. Is this how LE is disables firearms now?
Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Machine gun

Attachments

·
Retired
13,899 Posts
This is just a guess, but someone found that .380 ACP ammo would not feed correctly in a 9mm and "modified" it.

Reactions: Sniper03

·
Administrator
1,233 Posts
@Rommie - welcome to the site. Please wander over to the Introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself. You will also want to familiarize yourself with this thread (it has good information on the site): So yer new here, huh?

·
Premium Member
15,364 Posts
If it is a chamber reducer you might want to check or replace the recoil spring. Reducer rings were used to convert 9mm long to 380 in some surplus pistols. The 9mm long is obsolete and is low power designed for blowback pistols. Also check the caliber stampings on the pistol.

Reactions: primer1

·
Premium Member
4,433 Posts
If it is a chamber reducer you might want to check or replace the recoil spring. Reducer rings were used to convert 9mm long to 380 in some surplus pistols. The 9mm long is obsolete and is low power designed for blowback pistols. Also check the caliber stampings on the pistol.
What's a "9mm long " i haven't heard of that... is it Italian/European?

·
Premium Member
15,364 Posts
What's a "9mm long " i haven't heard of that... is it Italian/European?
9mm Browning Long for the 1903 pistol. 9x20. Low power blow back. Several European countries used it.

Reactions: Clifffalling
1 - 8 of 8 Posts