Found a nice house!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by boatme98, Aug 24, 2012.

1. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Some of you may know I started house hunting a short while ago. Well I found one.

I have mixed feelings about moving to town, especially the lack of yard shooting, but I also miss the things like groceries, restraunts, and women.
    Anyway, I found a small 3 bedroom, one bath on a large lot surrounded by beautiful large older homes ('40's-50's) . All the yards are manicured landscaping. Large trees, shrubs, flowers, etc. It's like being in a park. Also, the landlord takes care of the yard

It has all appliances except a w/d. but does have the hook-ups. Two vehicle parking with 1 carport. Small outside utility room.
    It's 5 blocks off the town square, but very quiet, little traffic. The road doesn't really go anywhere, so it's not convienient for commuters.

The down side-it's 33 mi. from door to work gate (currently 16). But since it's interstate instead of back country roads, it's only 9 mins. longer time wise. My Lincoln actually jumps from 19 to 21 1/2 mpg on the highway.

It's a done deal, I sign the lease Monday.

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Glad you found a place to live.

Since it is a lease, if you don't like living in town you can move when the lease runs out.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Sounds great. I volunteer Dog to come help you move.

4. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Just refinanced my house,back to 30 years but payments are $330 down from $420 a year...6.5%..down to 4.9%.....Only had 5 years into the old 30 year loan,so I'm not loosing that much time....Got 56,000 dollars down with owing 42,000.....I'm all-good........:D..:D..:D...

5. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Good for you. Nice to hear. :)

6. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Thanks...Yea I was thinking everything is going up...Food..Electric....Gas...I should go ahead and do this....Tax's will be next to go-up.......

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I only owe less than $4,500 on my house. I'm ECSTATIC!!

8. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

That's pretty good. Home ownership is good if you know you have a stable life. Mine never has been. :)
    I'm content to lease. At my age, I'd never see a benefit from purchasing. As you said, I can always move if I don't like it.

9. vincent

vincent New Member

Way to go!! More good news here on FTF...musta been something in the "water" at the last poker tournament...;)

I actually never minded a longer drive TO work...didn't much care for the longer ride FROM work though...:D

Congrats to you!!

10. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Yeah, at least my shift is 03:30-15:30 daily. Everyone else is 07:00-19:00.
    When I drive home in the winter, it's still light. ;)