Found a 410 in the attic

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by DustyDoll, Aug 14, 2012.

1. DustyDoll

DustyDoll New Member

was rummaging around in the attic and found a little Japanese 410 single shot. I assume it was my stepfathers. Says "Shinkosha - Japan .410 3" chamber" on one side of the barrel and on the other it says " FIE - MIAMI, FLA. MODEL SB2B". Cant read the serial number. Looks like a piece of crap to me but what do I know! Anybody know anything about this little thing?

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

FIE was an importer of inexpensive firearms, mainly in the 1960s, later moved, out of business in the 90s. The Shinkoshas were inexpensive guns, somewhat a copy of the Winchester single shots, made for the K-marts of the country. Typically they sell for $50-$60 now.

3. DustyDoll

DustyDoll New Member

LOL So at least that confirms my ability to recognize a piece of crap! ;). Thanks for the info. Now what to do with it...just stuff it back in the attic I guess.

4. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I'll give ya 40$ :)

5. DustyDoll

DustyDoll New Member

Sold! ;) If by any chance you really do want it, just PM me.

6. primer1

Lol. I'd have to see it. Not worth shipping costs. Tks anyway

7. DustyDoll

DustyDoll New Member

My thoughts exactly about shipping! Lol

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Dusty, they were not BAD guns, just not expensive. Hang on to it until you find a 12 yr old that you can make happy for life. There should be one around there somewhere.

9. primer1

If the finish is gone, it would be a good learning project to refinish. For yourself or the twelve year old.

10. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Lets see some pictures, I might beat that 40 dollar bid & pay shipping..............

11. orangello

orangello New Member

There is always somebody who will want it.

Of course, sometimes you gotta find that blind person with desensitized finger tips and a poor sense of smell. If you do find him, tell him to text me about this pump .22 i got for him.

12. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I'm always interested in a project. Could you pm me some pics of this pump.22.

13. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

If you are serious, me too, pic`s of the .22..............

14. DustyDoll

DustyDoll New Member

Several asked for pictures

So here are a couple. I honestly don't think this is worth anything at all. I reminds me of the cap rifle I had as a kid! The barrel would need some bluing work as there was some surface rust along the top and who knows what else would need to be done. I certainly have not fired it and don't intend to, but here are the pictures just for grins.:D
    BTW...how does one dispose of old ammo? I also found 3 shells.They are probably as old as the gun.

Attached Files:

15. Big-Nasty

Big-Nasty New Member

It looks pretty good to me. If it were me I would keep it.

16. Big-Nasty

Big-Nasty New Member

And rust isn't all that hard to take care of

17. moneymaker17

moneymaker17 New Member

Pmed....
    Cool project.

18. DustyDoll

DustyDoll New Member

Gun has home. My cousin called me this morning and said he would like to fix it up and give it to his 10 year old grandson for his first gun, so I guess in the interest of promoting the sport, I will give it to him and keep it in the family. That hanks for all of the info!

19. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

By the pictures they ain`t a damn thing wrong with that shotgun, I`d shoot it in a heart beat, if your cousin wants it for his grandson go for it, it will make a great first shotgun & I sure as hell would not sell it for no 40 or 50 bucks...............

20. orangello

orangello New Member

Sweet, i popped some rabbits with a H&R .410 when i was a kid...tell him to watch out for skunks.