Forum ownership

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by locutus, Feb 16, 2020.

1. donthav1

donthav1 Well-Known Member

After i bought my Dodge Charger, i lurked around a few of the Charger/Challenger/300/Magnum forums. One of them (can't remember which) would get p!ssy if you criticized the supporting vendors. The conversation would usually go something like:
    Random member: "hey supporting vendor, i bought your product & it didn't deliver on it's promises."
    Moderator: "how dare you! He's a supporting vendor! If you continue these types of sinister attacks you will be banned!"
    Random member: "I'm just saying his product promised power gains & dyno testing shows it didn't give me any gains."
    Moderator: "that's it, your account is suspended & this thread is closed!"

One guy even started a thread saying he was going to pay to be a supporting vendor & sell bags of dog crap marketed as octane boosters and no one could hassle him because "he's a supporting vendor." The moderators closed that thread & deleted it after 1 day.

I would say the vast majority of the time, the vast majority of FTF's moderators stay in their lane......Canadian influence aside...

2. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Was it similar to this?

ellis

Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 8.10.51 AM.png

kfox75, winds-of-change and Rifling82 like this.

3. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

not quite, the one I owned was all tubular metal construction, grip was plastic and the wrist brace was leather. that when not in use folded up against the body of the sling shot.

I can't for the life of me remember the company that made it

ellis36 likes this.
  4. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  5. W.T. Sherman

I like that. a "non-lethal" weapon of the Guinea police :D

Nmwabbit likes this.
  6. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

Pretty sure I read about some big guy being taken down with a slingshot

7. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

Sling.....

[​IMG]

Slingshot.....

[​IMG]

Elastics are a modern invention.

8. Maser

Maser Well-Known Member

How about a Pocket Shot instead? ;)

Pasquanel and Mongo like this.
  9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

How do you get the rock to come out of the sling?

10. W.T. Sherman

I used them before, the ring goes tight on your middle finger and the other string also goes goes on I believe 2 fingers, or you hold it in your hand, one of those, it's been a few decades since I used it. and you make a fist, then you swing it very fast by your side or over your head, and at the right moment and time you release the projectile by opening your hand the loose string on your finger(s) or from your hand will slip off and the rock or whatever is in the pouch leaves.

it does take a bit of practice to get it down where you time it so you know when to and open your hand and release it so it can hit what you want. first time I tried it the rock went way off in a direction I didn't want it to, and hit a parked car:eek:. which in a city with thousands of cars parked everywhere it's not surprising:D

much easier to use a fork sling shot

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  11. Shopfox

Shopfox Well-Known Member Supporter

You hold both straps while spinning, and release one strap to launch.

winds-of-change likes this.
  12. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

13. winds-of-change

I think I can crochet one of those.

austin92 and W.T. Sherman like this.
  14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

When I was doing training for adults, used to keep one of these around. Shot air. Surprisingly well.[​IMG]

Air Zooka

15. winds-of-change

Yes, we had one of those at the hospital. Are they really supposed to be used to check the air flow? I can’t remember. But I have been shot with one of those. It messed up my hair.
    We used to shoot MLA pipette tips off the end of the canned air with those ‘straws’ on it. Put the pipette tip on the end of the straw. Point and shoot. We could get some pretty good distance.
    We’d also have water fights with 60 cc syringes.

Nmwabbit and kfox75 like this.
  16. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

I had one as well, and in the right hands this was a lethal weapon. I suspect you and I were on the same path!

kfox75 and W.T. Sherman like this.
  17. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

I have killed grouse with them using a single 00 shot for ammo. I'm sure 000 would work better. With a 1/2" ball bearing I would think killing a person inside 30 yds would be fairly easy. I have heard BUT CAN NOT DOCUMENT that several folks were taken out in the Nam using one of these and a fencing staple. I would think accuracy with the staple would be hap-hazard.

18. W.T. Sherman

probably ;). but then I went in the Army and they issued me an M16 :D

Nmwabbit likes this.
  19. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Didn't you tell them "No, thanks! I have my slingshot!" :D

ellis

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  20. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

imaging if these contests were among staff what you'll did to patients:(