Forum ownership

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by locutus, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

I wonder how much a forum like this sells for.
    No. Just curious.

locutus likes this.
  2. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

True enough. Except the particular sites I'm referencing the membership that left stated their reason for leaving and left in a period of 2 weeks.
    Some formed their own private funded sites.

3. Maser

Maser Well-Known Member

*cough cough GlockTalk cough cough*

locutus and Ghost1958 like this.
  4. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Honestly it's hard to find a gun forum not owned by Torstar.
    I wasnt aware this one was.

The only 2 I know of now are the Open Carry site and Bersa Chat. Both privately owned and would not sell out to the liberal overlords at Vertical Scope /Torstar.

locutus likes this.
  5. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

The owners here seem very laissez faire.
    No rules have been changed.

I see no reason to fix what aint broke.
    Forum is fine the way it is.

6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Glock Talk sucks. Was an excellent forum when Eric owned it. VerticleScope ruined it.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  7. Maser

Maser Well-Known Member

Eric started up a new forum after selling it and the consensus is that GlockTalk seriously went down the crapper after the new owners took over. The new site is awesome and a very laid back site!
    http://theboresite.com/forums

kfox75, locutus and W.T. Sherman like this.
  8. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

Exactly!

Mongo and Ghost1958 like this.
  9. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

worst is high road...point out the idiot legal contract health industry moderator doesn't know nothing, with evidence. and your immediately banished before your finger pulls away from the post reply button.

10. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yeah, I would think the first requirement to be a mod is knowing a lot about guns

kfox75, Mister Dave and Ghost1958 like this.
  11. Maser

Maser Well-Known Member

I remember being at a small gun forum back in like 2007 or 2008 that had like 4,000 members total and only like 200 active members. The owner of that forum banned me after tried to educate him about the NFA world. He was ranting on about how only cops and military can own machine guns and suppressors and such. I didn't get too far when trying to explain tax stamps and pre-1986 machine guns to him before banning me obviously out of spite.

primer1, kfox75, bluez and 1 other person like this.
  12. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

I was banned at one site because I gave a value of a gun and my reference was from gun broker and Gunwatcher..... I was told the only values they give is from the Blue Book of Gun Values.... he didn’t like it when I told him the prices are out of date a month after the book is printed

13. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

Smith & Wesson forum (not Big Blue - that one is even worse) is skating on thin ice with several members. Someone used a pejorative to describe a gay presidential candidate and a mod decided he or she (I'm not sure) was now the unilateral site authority.

We'll see how that works out, but admittedly it's not beneath me to help stir the pot. I have a problem with dictators.

I have some members here on ignore, but I find that works better than overbearing moderators. So we should appreciate those moderators who understand the base meaning of the word 'moderate'. Here we have that IMO.

14. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

I got banned from Golf Talk because the owner is a big Tiger Woods fan and I made the mistake of saying Jack Nicklaus was the greatest golfer of all time. He and all his *** kissers made it racial. I PM'd all of them and told them where they could stick their golf balls and driver. Took all of 30 seconds to ban me. Two days later they were dragging me through the mud on their forum and a few of the older members came to my defense. They got an *** chewing.

I wear that ban with pride.

15. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

I got into it with the Big Gorilla at S&W Big Blue ten years ago. He didn't get personal though so I apologized the next day, hey it's his forum.

I actually think it's one of the better run forums.

Rifling82 likes this.
  16. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

If you stick to gun only topics it is. But most people are just people and they don't think about guns all day. From what I've seen just perusing the site, they aren't treated well.

That's okay, if that's what the site owners want. I like my guns but talking about it all day is kinda dull, so I didn't join. I don't need to be a member to pick up insights on S&W products, if I'm looking for that.

ellis36 likes this.
  17. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Active Member

Gun Forums owned by VerticalScope:
    1911Forum.com
    1911Talk.com
    68Forums.com
    700Rifle.com
    ACRForum.com
    AirSoftSniperForum.com
    AR15Forums.com
    ArmsLocker.com
    BersapistolForum.com
    BlowgunForum.com
    ColtForum.com
    DefensiveCarry.com
    FloridaConcealedCarry.com
    FNForum.net
    GearHog.com
    Glock.pro
    GlockForum.net
    GrayBeardOutdoors.com
    GunBlog.com
    GunBoards.com
    Gunco.net
    GunForums.net
    GunHub.com
    GunnerForum.com
    GunListings.org
    HandgunForum.net
    HandgunsandAmmunition.com
    HKPro.com
    KahrForum.com
    KeltecForum.com
    KimberTalk.com
    M14Forum.com
    MarlinOwners.com
    MassCops.com
    MP-Pistol.com
    NationalGunForum.com
    PistolSmith.com
    RimFireCentral.com
    RugerForum.net
    RugerPistolForums.com
    ShootersForum.com
    ShootersRealm.com
    ShotgunForums.com
    Sigarms556.com
    SigTalk.com
    SlingshotForum.com
    SmithandWessonForums.com
    SniperForums.com
    TaurusArmed.net
    TheAKForum.net
    TheFirearmBlog.com
    UtahConcealedCarry.com
    WaltherForums.com
    XCRForum.com
    XDTalk.com

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  18. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

A Slingshot Forum? really? at first I though it must be a misprint thinking he meant single shot forum. until I plugged that address into the web browser, that's when I said, "really?"

now, I owned a slingshot called the "wrist rocket" it was the thing to get when I was kid. man!, that thing had some power behind it, nothing was safe or sacred :D

wish I still had it, but my mom took it away from me, then took a hammer to it and for a good 5-10 minutes mangled it up where it didn't resemble anything, all while I was watching her

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    Pasquanel and winds-of-change like this.
  19. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

darn, you really PO ur mom...

Mongo likes this.
  20. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

yeah, I was a real "terrorist" with that thing :D. so I understand why she did it, I didn't at the time she did it, all that I thought was what my friends would say when I didn't show up with it the next day, and tell them my mom took it and destroyed it.