Forum Members and RV's

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dzscubie, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Glass and I went to the Texas Meet-N-Greet in our new RV earlier this year and as it was the break-in trip (our first since we got her) we were looking forward to testing her out. We have a 2010 Four Winds Class C motor home and she is everything we expected her to be.

Now a little background is called for here so you will understand how Glass and I came to own a motor home. Glass is not the camping type of girl AND her idea of camping is room service at a 4 star hotel.

We bought our first Class C in 2004 because I was going to live in it up in Washington DC where I had just been stationed and Glass was staying in Texas where her job was. This was the only way we could afford for me to live without renting a room in a crack house.

We decided to take a few trips before I left so we could learn how the motor home worked and get a little used to it where if we had any problems we could get help if we needed it.

Well, it turns out Glass loves traveling in the motor home and does not consider it camping. We made 5 trips in about 3 months and she just loves it, she used to hate long drives but now she has no problem with cross country trips and enjoys traveling more now because she is much more comfortable.

I told Shih I would post some pictures of our motor home so here they are.

Joe how about some pictures or yours? Anyone else out there have a RV, if you do come on and post them up and give your story on how you got into a RV.

BTW, it’s great to take to the Range for all day shooting trips because you can have lunch, a nap and a break if there are a lot of other shooters.

Scubie

Attached Files:

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

That is most excellent. I am liking that. That would make for a very comfortable trip.

3. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Damn, that RV looks nicer than my house :p

4. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Well your doing it wrong. You don't rent a room in a crack house ..... you squat! :p

Srsly though, that is a sweet setup. :D I like the idea of the all day use at the range, good thinking. ;)

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I like the all day range use!

Why don't you see if you can park it at the range for our shoot and shout and rent me a bed? [​IMG]

6. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

7. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

This your hot tub?

[​IMG]

8. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

RSG, it is a great way to travel, especially with kids. You don't have to find a rest area for a potty stop, they can use the one on board. They can watch TV while you are traveling, on the big TV, you can get stufff out of the fridge, and not have to mess with coolers. You can even make a hot meal while going down the road. It even has a big side window that make it easy to moon other vehicles while you are passing them.

9. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

That is so funny Glass, my dad had a 1969 Ford F-250 with a cab-over camper that me and my brothers rode in a lot, it had a bunkbed right on top of the cab with a window, and of course me and my evil siblings always had a 3 butt moon proudly displayed.
    My poor old man could never figure out why the oncoming traffic was always honking and flashing their lights!
    Here is a pic of my R.V. (home). It’s a 1958 Arrowhead and has been inside all of it’s life. Maybe someday I’ll take it out on the road.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  10. russ

russ New Member

[​IMG]
    Nothing too huge. 21' Vortex toyhauler. On-board generator, 30 gal. fuel tank, microwave, shower, A/C. You know, just the bare necessities.

11. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

Thank you Glass I do like that one yall have it looks pretty cool!! How about flash instead of moon LOL!!! Did Shi put you up to this? I guess I will look at a few.Thank you so much and I can't wait to meet you guys!!! Let us know if we need to do anything to help ok:)

12. RugerShootinGal

Lon I love it!!!!!!:D

13. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Until it pulls up in your driveway.;)

14. RugerShootinGal

True, but I will love it if Lon is in it LOL!!!!:D

15. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Don't forget...Y'all have to pick me up on the way! I'll bring the booze! I'm also an EXPERT at mooning cars!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  16. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Nice rig, scubie & Glass!! I've traveled in an RV most of my life. Having parents who owned travel trailers, I decided that I would go the RV route.

You will log many good memories with that!! :D

17. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

You posted pics with the slide in???:confused:

It's much more roomy inside then those photos show.:rolleyes:

18. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

LOL, caught me Joe, those are the first pictures I took and I dont' have any with the slide out. Besides with the slide out I can't fit the whole inside in one picture.

Scubie

19. nwrednk

nwrednk New Member

"You might be a redneck if"...

Your standard of living improves when you go camping! Pop & I used to go
    camping with an old VW station wagon & for a few years when we started
    hunting big game we slept under a tarp suspended by a rope tied to the front
    bumper of a p/up truck & to a tree! Thankfully I got a great deal on my
    Argosy motorhome & Pop never has to worry about the disposal of the "black
    water" or even the "grey water"! "Lucky for him I love my dad enough to
    exclude him from the "clean-out" after both of us have been "loading" the
    poop tank for about 2 weeks! (He gets to drive my truck home) as I "clean-
    up"! The motorhome for the trip home! Hey, I love my Dad & I will spend the
    rest of my life with him as long as I can!:)

20. nwrednk

nwrednk New Member

Speaking of rv's...

If you have not seen the movie "RV" with Robin Williams, Imho it is worth
    renting! The "rv dump scene" is a bit "over the top", but I got a good laugh
    from the theater audience by yelling "Thar she Blows"! Also featured, in the
    movie is Mathew Gray Gubler before his fame as the "wunderkind" in the Cbs
    show "Criminal Minds". He is one of 2 rednecks that try to help a clueless
    Williams perform that unpleasant task!:)