Forum for Women

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by TheGunLady, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGunLady

TheGunLady New Member

Can we please get a forum specific to woman and firearms?

Men are invited to participate, but women need a place to discuss specific needs and preferences related to firearms without getting buried in the testosterone. ;)

Thanks. :D

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Why not create a group and invite the ladies. The estrogen can be shared through pm's and the such.

Or, why not start a thread and even ask if the women here would be interested? Seems to me that most of the female forms here like to jump in the testosterone pool, maybe I am wrong.

3. TheGunLady

TheGunLady New Member

Of COURSE the women here "jump in the testosterone pool".

It's not an either/or. Like I said, men should be freely welcome to participate in the Ladies forum as well.

Issues specific to women get buried. It would be nice to have a place to publicly discuss issues specific to women without those discussions getting buried.

This may come as a surprise, but women have firearms specific issues that men simply do not have, and we would like to discuss those - publicly, In our own place, and have the discussions up front, historically documented, and specific for any potential female members to peruse.

Do you have a problem with that? If so, why?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Personally, I have no issue with any of that. Go for it.

I do want to know what issues are more female specific with regards to guns that is not discussed here? Possibly the desire to keep their own threads alive with miscellanious fodder could be the first topic. Just suggesting.

5. TheGunLady

TheGunLady New Member

:confused:

Thanks for asking.

1. Strength
    2. Hand and finger size
    3. Concealment options

...to name the top 3. The top 2 address both general firearm selection and recoil management. #3 addresses options that men only dream about. :p

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I'm with ya on #1 and #2, but those are openly discussed on the forum and have been for a long time. A simple search would produce results.

As for #3, I don't and never have dreamed about concealment options. If you are suggesting that the women have an area that men don't have in the concealment option arena, then I still don't understand. First, that would be an area I would not want to go near after or during concealing, but I would never subject any gun to that kind of acidity. We are being open, right?

7. TheGunLady

TheGunLady New Member

I'm not surprised that #3 confused you. :D

It's a good thing you don't run this forum, isn't it? Women wouldn't have a chance for a venue here. ;)

Maybe we don't anyway, but it's worth an ask. I'm awaiting a response from someone who runs the place. Thanks for your input.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  8. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Huh. Yep, I am clueless. Of course, I am a 12 year old freckled faced girl with braces. So, you have me so confused. :eek:

It is a good thing for some that I don't run this site, but that is another topic all its own. I am kinda partial to new threads instead of old beaten down, time to feed the cat, kind of threads. I can actually let one die.

Oops, my parents almost caught me. :eek: What if. :eek:

9. themyst

themyst New Member

I'd post on it. That way I wouldn't be cluttering up the regular threads with my silly ole housewifey questions and banter. ;)

And strength is an issue. Heck, my DH thought it wouldn't be a big deal for me to shoot his .40 Beretta - but the thing about flew out of my hands when I pulled the trigger. :eek: And I'm pretty capable - I'm 5' 10".

10. ALSGUN

ALSGUN New Member

I am new here but I agree with you Gunlady, I see no issue with it. Maybe us guys would learn something from it:)

11. Missileman

Missileman New Member

Great idea!

12. Jess

Jess New Member

I'm going to throw in an agree with the gunlady also. You men have quite different views of women and shoothing than the women themselves hold. Its very apparent when someone asks what type of gun to buy for their wife. I'm just sayin'.....

13. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I don't think there's anything that prevents anyone from starting a Ladies thread.

So start a Ladies thread.:confused:

14. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Great!! If the Administrator of the forum gives this a green light, there better be some pictures posted of bikini and sparsely clad women forum members with their guns every once in a while!

You know, the proper shooting attire for serious women shooters :D

[​IMG]

Jack

15. Brad

Brad New Member

[​IMG]

Womens Forum Would Be Cool For The Ladies

16. themyst

themyst New Member

I think the idea is to have a category under 'General Firearms Forums' instead of just a thread that would need to be bumped all the time to find it.

17. ThorsHammer

ThorsHammer New Member

I would suggest you PM notdku and ask him about it. Personally I think it's a good idea, nothing wrong with having a section for women to post their threads in! It would also cater some to the search traffic that we get, and maybe we can get more ladies on here that are interested in self defense and the shooting sports?

I can clearly see some issues that men would go "WTF" over, like, "how do I conceal carry when I am pregnant, third trimester?" :D

18. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

But then again some of the men with, let's say, less than athletic physiques, i.e. beer bellies, would benefit from that as well. :D

19. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

But then I'll feel like some sort of voyeuristic pervert peeking in.:eek:

Great idea.
    :D

20. suprdave

suprdave New Member

As will I. I think it's a great idea!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.