Firearms Talk banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts
I have not read all the posts, but the 10 rounds in an 8" bull seems a tad easy to me. I have not shot bullseye comp for some time, but I can still put 10 rounds within 3" @ 50 yards with my bullseye 1911. At 25 yards it will put them all in one ragged hole. Need to make it more interesting...

Jim...............

Discussion starter · #22 ·
That's good. I notice that you stated you are using your bullseye 1911. My 1911 is factory, and Rentacop states his is factory also. We are also using cheaper ammo. He's using 230 grain FMJ WWB ammo, and I'm using 230 grain FMJ Wolf ammo (I went out to find some WWB ammo today and none is aournd).

If you have a purpose-built pistol dedicated for competition, then it does make your job a little easier.

I say that if you are putting those groups at 3 inches with your fancy 1911, I say good shooting.

Feel free to jump in on this competition if you'd like. Do you have a factory Kimber or something else equivalent?

Otherwise.....................

:D

Am I the only one that thinks that this challenge should be called "Put up or shut up challenge"? Or the "What the hell" challenge. All parties are using .45's right?

*shakes head*

Good luck to all. 1-0 will win.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
I went to the range today. I took along my Kimber, but decided not to shoot it due to no .45 ACP ammo available in stores to replace the rounds that I would've used. I'm picky these days about the amount of rounds I use when the caliber is hard to come by (like the .45 ACP round). I like to keep what I have onhand in case of a surreal SHTF moment that pops out of nowhere.

Instead, my first entry is going to be with my Hi-Point C9. I wasn't really planning on using this pistol, but I figured what the heck. Why not?

Once some .45 ACP WWB ammo becomes availiable, I'm going to purchase some, and post another 50 yard result with my Kimber. Until then, you are going to have to be content with checking out my prowess (or lack of) with my super cheapo, POS, polymer, weak 9mm, Zamak wonder pistol. :D

The same rules applied. Target was the 8 inch by 8 inch Shoot "N" See. Total amount of rounds was 20 (10 for practice, and 10 "live" rounds). Had a little bit of wind, but it wasn't too bad.

Hope you enjoy. I'll post my Kimber entry later (as soon as more .45 ACP ammo becomes available, preferrably 230 grain WWB).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VoSFmiC4_0"]YouTube - Challenge Entry C9[/ame]

Video isnt available? Hmm...

Doesn't work.......

Discussion starter · #28 ·
I'm trying to upload again. Youtube can be finicky sometimes. Once I confirm that the upload worked, I'll post a link to it.

That's good. I notice that you stated you are using your bullseye 1911. My 1911 is factory, and Rentacop states his is factory also. We are also using cheaper ammo. He's using 230 grain FMJ WWB ammo, and I'm using 230 grain FMJ Wolf ammo (I went out to find some WWB ammo today and none is aournd).

If you have a purpose-built pistol dedicated for competition, then it does make your job a little easier.

I say that if you are putting those groups at 3 inches with your fancy 1911, I say good shooting.

Feel free to jump in on this competition if you'd like. Do you have a factory Kimber or something else equivalent?

Otherwise.....................

:D
Sorry guys, I did not think that I would be flogged for my post. I am not one to cause problems. I thought about trying the shoot with my Para-P14, which is my carry gun. I have never (that I can remember) shot this one at 50 yards, I use it for all my close quarters practice. If this one would not fit the bill, then I will "ZIP IT". Or maybe I'll just stay out of this one, the posts don't make me feel very welcome anyway. Sorry if I offended anyone...

Jim..............

Discussion starter · #30 ·
masterPsmith, you obviously didn't see my little smiling guy that signifies that I'm just messing around with you......

:D <-------that guy means that I'm just having some fun. In other words, don't take the post seriously.

My video should be up now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnHSWFnBkrE]YouTube - Challenge Entry C9[/ame]

Like I said before, I'll put up results using my Kimber once I can find some extra .45 ACP ammo...lol.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
I did make a quick bonus video while I was out there:

Figured why not? :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1mdbMB6UYM]YouTube - C9 Shooting Demo[/ame]

Good shooting there Sgt, but I too am waiting on the 50 yard 1911 shot group. I am pulling for ya, your shooting form and stance is A-1. Nice videos. :)

Jack

This was cool!!

SGT!! With a hi-point?? 50yards?? :eek:

That's it? Well congrats to Sgt Miller and well done. And congrats to Rentacop for being a good sport and indeed, if that was an assailant, you would have taken him down. I will be sure to stay well out way past 50 yards if I am ever in either one of ya'lls AO's. ;)

Jack

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.