Firearms Talk banner

Forum challenge!!!!

4K views 47 replies 17 participants last post by  BigByrd47119 
#1 ·
I have been challenged!!!!

Rentacop has challenged me to a shoot-off (not at each other...lol)!

First off, I gladly accept this challenge!

Second off, here are the terms (with a tie breaker addition of mine):

- Target is at 50 yards distance.

- Ten rounds are allowed for warm up. Ten rounds fired for score.

- Ten rounds will be fired at the target for score, off-hand with a 2 minute maximum time. Target will be a birchwood casey 8" bullseye. Only hits on the bullseye will count. Hits will count as 1 point each, with a maximum point total of 10 points. If both members are tied, then a tie-breaker will be issued. The tie breaker will be as follows: 1) The target will be an 8" birchwood casey bullseye. 2) The target will be 100 yards away. 3) Shooting will be conducted off hand, and the shooter will have 10 rounds to get on-target, then 10 rounds for score. Only rounds within the 8" bullseye counts for 1 point each.

I will be using a video camera to record my end of the challenge. This will ensure that my end will be kept honest (i.e. no claims of me shooting a target at 7 yards, taking a picture, then saying it was 50 yards, etc...). I strongly urge Rentacop to do the same, but if he is unable, he may use regular pictures.

Rentacop will be using his Kimber Custom 1911. I have not yet decided if I am to use my Kimber. I may use my Hi-Point C9 just to be funny about it. :D

I encourage any other members interested in the challenge to join in. Let's see who is a good shooter, and can back up their words with action.

BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
50 yards with a hand gun is just silly. To back this statement up I propose what's called an "if" bet. First, I bet you $10 that you will not hit said 8 inch target at 50 yards with all 10 rounds fired. If I win that bet, we can go to the 2nd part of the bet which is you will not have hit the bullseye with any of the above 10 rounds, for an additional $10

So if you can win only one part of this wager, it's a push. Will you accept?

Of course, video documentation is required. We get to watch you put the target up, march 50 yards to your firing station, and watch as you astound us with your mad skillz.

#4 ·
50 yards isn't that far at all for a handgun. You just gotta shoot slow and pay attention to the fundamentals.

I don't know if Rentacop has a video camera, but I will video everything without any breaks so everything will be authentic.

Here's a couple of youtube videos showing pistols used at long ranges:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OjEFcYT1Eo"]YouTube - Long Range Pistol Engagements: Glock, Sig, Daewoo[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmMEg4y54Dk"]YouTube - Glock 27 at Long Range (230 yards)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFd3kF6LHz4"]YouTube - Glock 23 At 230 Yards[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKFSN8Z9RnI"]YouTube - glock 20 long range pistol (352 yards)[/ame]

If you can do it with a Glock, you can do it with almost anything...lol.

#6 ·
I will state for the record that Rentacop came up with the initial terms, so he must be a worthy shooter and opponent (or he's just full of it :D). The only thing I added was the tiebreaker.

We'll see soon. I'm hoping I can get to the range this weekend. I REALLY want to get there now to complete my end of the deal.

#7 ·
I'm not saying it's impossible, just saying it isn't practical. When I was a deputy, it was not uncommon for a round to miss a silhouette at 35 yards (sure 6 rounds were fired from their off hand) but still. Many of those "hits" were arms and shoulders, and certainly not bullseyes.

#10 ·
Guys-
As I indicated privately, this contest would be easy to cheat on and a video won't eliminate that possibility. I don't have a video camera and if I'm able to borrow one, I may use it. At any rate, I trust SGT Miller and he apparently trusts me to abide by the rules.
Now, can someone tell me how to post a pic on this forum ?

#12 ·
photobucket- upload pics there and copy them to here.

#13 ·
Rentacop, were both in the DC area. Let me know when and where and I'll be happy to verify your results, wouldn't mind trying my hand at the target too. I've shot a fair amount of rounds from my Glock 22 at a 50 yard 4'X3' metal target, I can hit it most of the time so I would guess I can hit 1, maybe 2 out of 10 in a less than 1' target but no more than that.

#14 ·
This is going to be a lowscoring challenge methinks. :p

#15 ·
I'm not saying it's impossible, just saying it isn't practical. When I was a deputy, it was not uncommon for a round to miss a silhouette at 35 yards (sure 6 rounds were fired from their off hand) but still. Many of those "hits" were arms and shoulders, and certainly not bullseyes.
IMHO I am with Ineff on the 50 yrd targets. Not practical, but if either one of ya can score an eye shot and keep consistant tight groupings, with a handgun, you are definitely a much better man than me and that ain't saying much. I can hit metal silhouettes @ 50 like Ineff said, body hits, but few, if any, bullseyes. :(

Jack

#17 ·
I think we should make several different divisions so more people can contribute to the challenge.

50 yard

25 yard

15 yard

7 yard rapid fire

etc....

I'm sure we could do all kinds of postal/photobucket matches here, and I'm sure it would be a fun thing for the forum members.

#18 ·
Rentacop, were both in the DC area. Let me know when and where and I'll be happy to verify your results, wouldn't mind trying my hand at the target too. I've shot a fair amount of rounds from my Glock 22 at a 50 yard 4'X3' metal target, I can hit it most of the time so I would guess I can hit 1, maybe 2 out of 10 in a less than 1' target but no more than that.
I am also in the DC area let me know I would like to see this as well. As well as try my hand at it.

#19 ·
Cpt. and Yunas :
I thank you for offering to be there but I've found someone with a video camera and knowlege. Hopefully, I'll be able to make a video and post a pic and still be relatively anonymous on the Web.
It is obvious now that this won't fly on the honor system.

Thanks again. I am not ruling out meeting in person to do this.

#20 ·
The indoor range where I shoot has a 25 meter limit for handguns. :( I've shot my revolvers at longer ranges with decent results, but haven't tried it with my semi-autos.

#21 ·
I have not read all the posts, but the 10 rounds in an 8" bull seems a tad easy to me. I have not shot bullseye comp for some time, but I can still put 10 rounds within 3" @ 50 yards with my bullseye 1911. At 25 yards it will put them all in one ragged hole. Need to make it more interesting...

Jim...............

#22 ·
That's good. I notice that you stated you are using your bullseye 1911. My 1911 is factory, and Rentacop states his is factory also. We are also using cheaper ammo. He's using 230 grain FMJ WWB ammo, and I'm using 230 grain FMJ Wolf ammo (I went out to find some WWB ammo today and none is aournd).

If you have a purpose-built pistol dedicated for competition, then it does make your job a little easier.

I say that if you are putting those groups at 3 inches with your fancy 1911, I say good shooting.

Feel free to jump in on this competition if you'd like. Do you have a factory Kimber or something else equivalent?

Otherwise.....................

:D

#24 ·
Am I the only one that thinks that this challenge should be called "Put up or shut up challenge"? Or the "What the hell" challenge. All parties are using .45's right?

*shakes head*

Good luck to all. 1-0 will win.

#25 ·
I went to the range today. I took along my Kimber, but decided not to shoot it due to no .45 ACP ammo available in stores to replace the rounds that I would've used. I'm picky these days about the amount of rounds I use when the caliber is hard to come by (like the .45 ACP round). I like to keep what I have onhand in case of a surreal SHTF moment that pops out of nowhere.

Instead, my first entry is going to be with my Hi-Point C9. I wasn't really planning on using this pistol, but I figured what the heck. Why not?

Once some .45 ACP WWB ammo becomes availiable, I'm going to purchase some, and post another 50 yard result with my Kimber. Until then, you are going to have to be content with checking out my prowess (or lack of) with my super cheapo, POS, polymer, weak 9mm, Zamak wonder pistol. :D

The same rules applied. Target was the 8 inch by 8 inch Shoot "N" See. Total amount of rounds was 20 (10 for practice, and 10 "live" rounds). Had a little bit of wind, but it wasn't too bad.

Hope you enjoy. I'll post my Kimber entry later (as soon as more .45 ACP ammo becomes available, preferrably 230 grain WWB).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VoSFmiC4_0"]YouTube - Challenge Entry C9[/ame]

#26 ·
Video isnt available? Hmm...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.