Firearms Talk banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

Banned
I use Bag Balm which is pretty much the same thing and is available at ranch supply stores. Goes a long way. I simply touch it with my finger and rub it on the case. Use very sparingly. Clean with the above process or Dawn dish liquid. Simple Green or Dawn in the ultrasonic works too. I like the LemiShine idea and will try it next time. You can wash out the dies the same way and dry with a hair dryer.
Aka, Udder Butter.

Registered
I use the spray lube (dillon) and when I take the rounds for inspection, I have a paper towel that has rubbing alcohol on it. I wipe the round down, and then throw it into my case gage. I inspect and wipe down 100%.

Premium Member
I've tried various things (although I haven't tried the spray stuff yet). I've just settled on the old RCBS foam pad and RCBS lube. Works fine and wipes off easily. I use the Imperial container of small ceramic balls with some graphite powder for neck lube.

Registered
Doing some reloading this week and thought about sharing the following formula in this Thread.

Making your own good quality Case Lube is very simple. You will need go to your local pharmacy to get the ingredients.
You will need two components. #1 Liquid Lanolin #2 99% Isopropyl Alcohol
****(Do not use 92%!)***
*Before Mixing put the containers of the two components in hot water that is around 105-110 degrees for around three minutes before Mixing the two together. *Not over an open flame or in a hot pan!!!!! Poor the water into a seperate container after heating and then set the components in their original container in the water.
Then Mix 1 Part Liquid Lanolin to 4 or 5 Parts Isopropyl Alcohol depending on which you like best!

That is all there is to it! Happy Loading!

I鈥檝e also had very good luck with no case dents using something called bad balm it鈥檚 in a square bigger tin can you can get at any pharmacy. I have never dented or had a case get stuck with it. And a little goes a long way

Premium Member
Sorry it鈥檚 Bag Balm
Never heard of using bag balm. But if you do, just use vaseline. It's cheaper. Bag balm is basically just petroleum jelly with a few "medicinal" additives.
It's funny. I remember having it as a kid for our hands, but dont ever remember Grandpa using it on the cows. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

41 - 49 of 49 Posts