Former Neighbor Came By To Show Me His New Toys

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Viking, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Viking

Viking Well-Known Member

Had an unexpected visit from a former neighbor and when he came in he opened up a small handbag and brought out two wonderful revolvers, I think he was questioning if he got a good deal. After looking over a Ruger Blackhawk in .357 and an amazingly good condition S&W model 29, 6" barrel with Magnaports,, I told him that he had made a very good score, $450 for the Ruger with holster and incredibly $350 for the model 29 that had almost perfect bluing, I almost wish I'd have gotten the chance on that one and even my wife said I should check with the seller to see if he had any goodies that I could get, occasionally she feeds my gun desires, the last time that happened I was handling a handgun at Sportsman's Warehouse and she asked me if I wanted it, of course I said yes, it ended up being my CCW preferred carry.

Diesel3, bluez and Dallas53 like this.
  2. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member

good deal? he stole them pistols! :D

Viking likes this.

3. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Sounds like some really nice wheel guns.

bluez and Dallas53 like this.
  4. boringoldfart

boringoldfart Member

Deals like that don't come along everyday.

Dallas53 likes this.
  5. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member

that is true. usually for me, i'm a day late, and a dollar short! :(

Viking likes this.
  6. Unclefudd

Unclefudd Active Member Supporter

I had a friend call to tell me his neighbor had a couple of mod 27 S&W he wanted to sell. He told me the guy wanted $550 ea. I hadn’t seen the guns and was thinking hmmm 40 year old guns, gonna have some wear and tear so I off the cuff said if he will take &900 for both I would come the 35 miles to meet and buy them.
    He took it and lo, when I got there they are NIB. They had never been fired.
    Good for me. This is the most beautiful bluing I have ever seen on a handgun.
    UF

81BB61B6-2393-4451-89B4-1D669CC0F18D.jpeg

buckhuntr, Diesel3 and boringoldfart like this.