Forgot I had it

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by NGIB, Jan 7, 2011.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I have to digress about 18 months to try to explain this.

Back then we were having regular monthly bowling pin matches and I almost always shot a 5" 1911 in .45 ACP. The ammo crunch was on and in my area .45 was getting as rare as hens teeth. I was wondering what I could use as a suitable sub and thought a 5" gun in .40 might be a decent replacement as ammo was readily available. My local gun store made me a great deal on an XD40 Tactical so I took it home. I keep an Excel worksheet of all the guns I own and for some odd reason I must not have entered this XD.

Before the next match I scored a good stockpile of .45 so the XD was put away (I thought in the safe). Until yesterday I was sure I had sold it/traded it as I know I had never shot it. I store the factory boxes for my guns in a spot in the attic and I was going through them a while back looking for something. I picked up a black Springfield case that felt a bit heavy so I opened it - yup - there was the still new XD Tactical. How it got in the attic with the empty boxes I really have no idea; however, I have moved twice since I bought it.

Morals of this story:

1. I possibly have to many guns since I really don't remember having some of them.

2. I'm possibly senile and will forget my own name very soon.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

It must be senility because you can never have too many guns. ;)

3. Squirrel_Slayer

Squirrel_Slayer New Member

I wish I had the problem of having too many guns. Dag nabbit!

4. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Its an age thing I keep walking into rooms and wandering what I came in for.

5. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Since you have too many guns, you must start fostering them out to FTF members who can keep track of them for youl.

6. amoroque

amoroque New Member

WOW! Just like Christmas all over again!

Too many guns is a good problem to have!

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Mkay, it's official; you are a TOTAL ACCOUNTANT.
    :p

8. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

You've inspired me to look through all of my closets and attic in hopes of finding a firearm.

So, what will you do with it now? I could use an xd40 tactical. :cool:

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Old timer's disease is definitely affecting you. (One possible solution is your SIL moved the boxes for you and did not notice that one was heavier. Yea, that's what it was.) ;)

10. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Thanks Dan - that's it!!!

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Dave I am sure you would be heartbroken if you had ever lost a gun. To be safe why don't you box that baby up and send it to me, I'll make sure it stays safe and sound. :D

12. General_lee

General_lee New Member

YOU HAVE TOO MANY GUNS! I will take it off your hands so that rascal can't hide from you again:D

Man I wish I could find a new gun in my attic!

13. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Since you clearly suffer from CRS can I come borrow a couple guns? I'm only a few hours away.

14. utf59

utf59 New Member

This spring, you can hide your own Easter eggs.

15. Kain

Kain Member

As long as it's not the lavatory.

16. silentghost

silentghost New Member

That sounds like a good idea! I'm gonna have my wife hide a few of my guns in their original boxes around the house and then I'll go looking for them! (and it may be senility :) )

17. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

It's not just you, Dave.

While moving last year I found a couple of guns I thought I'd gotten rid of and one beautiful Yugo Mauser that I have no recollection of buying, and have never fired.

I will be selling some guns soon, to get back down to a manageable number.

18. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Y'all really piss me off.

:mad::mad::mad:

19. DocWard

DocWard New Member

In the past year:

Have you hidden your own easter eggs?

Do you meet new and interesting people every day at home and at work?

Have you planned your own surprise party?

If not, then I would say you have more guns than you know what to do with.

Note that I did not use the oxymoron "too many guns."

20. WDB

WDB New Member

It's nice to find something you forgot about, not a lapse of memory or too many guns, just a sharp mid moving faster than real life. I went looking for a soft back pack that I knew I owned and found it in the hall closet. I also found a Ruger P95 in the pack. It had been awhile since I seen the pack and was happy to find it. The pistol was a bonus. I knew I owned one, thought I had traded it at a show. But now recall I didn't make a trade that day. I bought a free float forearm for an AR that day and put the bag in the closet and installed the forearm...totaly forgot about the pack or pistol until I was looking for the pack. Woo Hoo found gun.