Foreign horror needs accreditation!

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by inbredyokel, Jan 7, 2012.

1. inbredyokel

inbredyokel New Member

Hey folks,

I’m looking into acquiring NRA accredited training (armourer and instructor) in the US for a generic automatic rifle course; but if this is not available then specifically the M4 and AK-47; and also similar (if applicable) for pistol.

Bearing in mind that I’m a Brit, does anyone know the laws or prerequisites surrounding this sort of thing?

I mean, I’ve only been using these bloody rifles since leaving the bloody army for about the last 10 or so years… and now all of a sudden I have to have a piece of bloody paper that says I can bloody load, bloody unload, bloody make ready and bloody well fire the damned thing bloody safely. :mad:

2. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

There is no restriction that I am aware of that will keep you from coming over and taking the NRA courses.

3. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

So... Who's bleeding? Put pressure on it! Just poking fun. I have nothing of value for this thread, please ignore me, I couldn't resist.

5. inbredyokel

inbredyokel New Member

Thanks folks.
    I'm looking at doing courses in NY over about two weeks in March/April.
    Do I need to get any injections for there, and is it ok to drink the water? :D

6. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

The only thing you need to know is the food will taste a lot better. ;)

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Just don't let any of the New Yorkers bite you. They all have rabies. And don't drink the water.....stick with the beer and whiskey. ;)

8. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

Just don't drink the Kool-Aid. NY is not the most gun friendly state like Utah or Arizona.

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

You might also check with Colt Defense Industries. They are the part of Colt that makes the M16 and M4 for the military/ LEO use. THEY may have some materials for you.

If you are in the far East now, you will feel right at home in a NY cab. May even recognize your cabby, Abdullah. :)