For you Hi Point fans

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by M14sRock, Aug 11, 2010.

1. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I know there are a lot of Hi Point fans on here, so thought I'd post this.
    Shooting Wire

2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I think it would make a great inexpensive, beat to hell, last resort, BOB bag, back up for very well under $300.

I did fire one the other day at the range and they are very sturdy, well fitted, feels good to shoulder to target and...very accurate at 50-100 yards w/ iron sites, out of the box and ate everything I feed it. :eek:

Just what one may need to just get a little more accuracy, to reach out a little farther on target, than a handgun. ;)

Yes, I, Jack, being of somewhat sound mind and reason, YOMV, said they may have a useful purpose! :cool:

3. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I may just have to make that my first 45 caliber weapon. Really wanted the 4095 carbine since I do in fact shoot the XD40.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

I wondered if they would ever get that done. I went looking on a Hipoint forum a few weeks ago & it was still a point of contention there.

The only reason i haven't bought one in 9mm (for plinkin fun) is the lack of higher capacity magazines. The .45 really should have the drum magazine option, IMO.

5. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

I've got a couple of 15 round mags,(yeah I know, is not 30! ) and to me are more than enough. When the whole family goes shooting each of us loads and fires 5 rounds each only.

@ home The 9mm carbine rests by my bedside with the 15rnds and a fresh mag ready too.:cool:
    [​IMG]

6. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

Finally - "Vaporware" no longer! Been awaiting it for a few years.......
    My M995 has been needing a 'big sister' in the worst way...... ;)

I just wish it used the Colt 1911 10 and 15 round mags.

7. Freedom-1911

Freedom-1911 New Member

Quote from the article.
    It would be nice if they added some proof to back this statement up.
    I like the HP carbines but the limited capacity of the single stack magazines keeps me away.
    They are otherwise inexpensive and dependable guns. Having owned a small collection of them in the past.

8. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Nice to see they finally updated the look and got rid of the damn "Planet of The Apes" stigma.

9. doctherock

doctherock New Member

gatopardo whats with the green glow on your rifle?

10. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

He uses that Glo-On stuff. It works OK but not well as advertised. On the upside it doesn't require a lot of light to charge it. I ordered some a while back. The sent some of the stick on stuff with it. I put it on my favorite remote control. It is a little easier to find. I have it on one of my pistols. It works. But I think they are a little generous with the up to 12 hr thing.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  11. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

glow stuff on rifle

It's glow-on, this effect was created by applying a dab of the phosphorescent pigment on top of the iron sights adjustments etc with indentations or bass relief numbers, lines etc. a quick smudge with the fingertip spreads the pigment removes the extra stuff and sets the glow stuff in the bass relief settings.
    There could be other ways to do it, but at the time this seemed fast and convenient, although I tried a couple of times before i got it right.:D

12. HotGuns

HotGuns Member

You have GOT to be kidding me.

If you put a dress and lipstick on a pig, is it pretty?

I have seen two brand spanking new Hi Point slides break in half at CHL classes.

They are pot metal.
    Potmetal.
    Potmetal.

Pot Metal.

P O T M E T A L.

There is one use for the HiPoint that I can agree with. Buy a case and stash it back. When the SHTF, sell each gun with a box of ammo and you could make a fortune from the clueless people that never saw it coming or you could trade then to your enemies for stuff you can use.

13. Biohazurd

Biohazurd New Member

Im will have to check one of these out ive been looking for a good .45 carbine for a while now without bringing myself to poverty...

14. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Active Member

Arctic Alaska 995

My $14.73 995 has been round awhile, even treated it to new after market stock (6 years back) the potmetal wonder is still feeding after being drug round many a mile, Its a ok plinker my kids love to shoot.
    My oldest girl has outshot boys with SKS and Mini14 she likes it her baby sitting money can get 50 shots for the price of 20 rifle shells

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010