For the kids

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by mrBull, Oct 3, 2012.

1. mrBull

mrBull New Member

I have a 2 1/2yr old son & a 1yr old daughter. I recently received a bonus at work & decided to get my kids their first guns. I know their to young but decided to get the guns now while I have the money. Bought a Henry 22 & a Ruger 10/22. Here are some pic's:

Attached Files:

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Should be a happy pair of young 'uns one day, and a proud papa, too!

3. Babyfacenelson

Babyfacenelson New Member

I started with 22's at 3.
    But i was a very mature 3 year old, i still am :D
    Great choices your girl will LOVE the pink 10/22 (eeeeewwww :p)
    Start em young and start em smart

4. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Lucky kids. Teaches safety and head shots first

5. dewey

dewey New Member

cool. I just got my 9 yr. old daughter a henry youth lever gun. I have never had so much fun.

6. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Pretty cool guns! Wish my dad woulda started me off with a 22 instead of a 30/30! The shoulders of you children thank you ;p

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I am a very short woman. I have my eye on a Henry Lever Youth rifle, too. :D
    When my financial situation changes that is going to be my next gun purchase. You're a good Daddy.

8. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Started my grandson at age 3 and his younger sister at 5.

Jim...

9. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

MrBull,

As winds stated you are One Good Dad! I think it is important to introduce our children and grandchildren to good safety and clean sports. Like shooting, fishing and hunting as well as things that can be done as a family! G00D JOB!
    The little ones are never too young to start teaching them safe weapon handling skills. Obviously using toy guns at this time!

10. PC167

PC167 New Member

I took my older son for his first time shooting a couple weeks ago. I think his going to love shooting the more he does it. With my daughter, I'm going to try and get her out this weekend. I found a nice range that I joined thats not super busy, so I can really help them out on the basics. My younger boy is 4 and I just don't know if he is mature enough. I'm thinking at the very least get him comfortable around guns and go from there.

11. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

Hello all I have s ? , ive been back n forth wit my wife as to when I can take my daughter shooting. She will be 10 in nov. I think I a great tome to start she wants to wait long. Advise guys n gals. Note: we live in south fl n we only have in door ranges down here

12. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Awesome! It looks like you're gonna be a very proud father. I'm sure your kids will enjoy those very much.

13. northhike

northhike New Member

Heck with the kids!...these are great guns for dad....ok...maybe not the pink one. ;) Your kids are lucky...bet they both like that lever action....you may be in trouble. LOL!

14. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

My nine year old grandson shoots my cousin's Henry and my Marlin 60 all the time and he's a dead on shot with them. We also have a scoped 22 wmr that he shines on. The kid has a natural talent for shooting.

15. SquirrelMurder

SquirrelMurder New Member

Nice! Always a great Idea to buy a kid a firearm! Remember, kids who shoot, hunt, and fish don't smoke, drink or deal.

16. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

My daughter (age 10) Finally got the nerve up to shoot my Henry 22 lever a couple days ago. She was very afraid to pull the trigger on the first round. But once she did, I had a hard time keeping it loaded. Musta shot 200 rounds. Im one proud papa.