For the anti and pro marijuana people.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by skullcrusher, May 28, 2009.

1. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

If any of you have Progressive as your insurer, you must know about the stance of Peter B. Lewis. He is the founder of Progressive Insurance. He is PRO-pot. He has never hidden that fact. He is a supporter of BACH (businesses alliance for the commerce in hemp) and NORML (national organisation for the reformation of marijuana laws). He has made tons of $ in the insurance business. He was also busted attempting to smuggle pot from Europe to the US. Look it up. So, how many of you anti's knew this? Will you change your policy holder? :eek: I believe that Progressive is still a private carrier.

2. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

Is he still involved with Progressive? Does his views on pot affect how the business operates in ANY WAY??

I never cared about ppl's personal ideologies/stances/politics... Robert Redford is a GREAT actor, Cameron Diaz is HOT.... but I wouldn't have anything to do with either of them in real life...

3. user4

user4 New Member

I think the feds got it all wrong. Tobacco should be illegal and pot should be legal. I don't smoke, but I can't stand the smell of tobacco. Pot just reminds me of days gone by.

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I'm not sure if he is envolved in the day-to-day stuff. He is in his 70's now. Still, I'm sure he still uses the money he makes to support legalization of pot. I'm not judging him, but there are many vocal anti-pot members. I am not judging them either. I was merely making the point that you never know for sure where your money is going unless you check out every company you patronize. Progressive is actually a good insurance company. You talk to real people and you see real claims adjusters in their own vehicles (not eco-friendly vehicles for those who could care less). I have done business with them 2x's as a victim of 2 of their high risk customers. I had checks in my hand before the tow trucks could drag my wreck to the yard.

I'm just sayin'...

5. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

Ah... well, my personal opinion is pot shouldn't be legalized... because it should've never been ILLEGALIZED! Don't "legalize" pot, void the law that made it illegal in the first place! And the US Gov't needs to mind its own business and remember that THEY WORK FOR ME!

6. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

I'm for legalization and Progressive is my insurer...doesn't change my opinion.

7. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

I don't consider Progressive's pro-pot stance as a threat to my rights, and therefore couldn't care less. I don't currently do business with them, and probably never will anyway. I WILL NOT, however, do business with PayPal, Citi Group, or any other anti-gun organizations.

8. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Bingo

9. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Peter B. Lewis is outspoken in his anti-gun stance. He is one of those rich uber-liberals.

10. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Well hell, why didn't you mention THAT! I would say that's a major game changer, wouldn't you? Anyone on this forum that does business with him is an a$$hole...maybe you should change your thread title to "For the Anti and Pro GUN People"

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  11. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

There was a whole pot thingy going on. The gun thingy goes on all the time. I was hoping someone would actually look into things without having to hold their hand. But, alas....too much to hope for; I guess.

What do you care? You don't do business with them anyhoo. :D

12. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Plus, Progressive is a publicly traded company. I'm not sure how much the man still has stake in the co. It does not matter anyway, the shareholders are gonna make their money win or lose.

13. Shaftoe

Shaftoe New Member

The government should be out of the limiting freedoms business. All drugs should be legalized and sold like Alchohol. let the states decide how and what limits should be set.

JMHO.

14. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

I had Progressive as my insurance carrier until I got a much better deal from The Hartford (through AARP, of course). I'm paying $675/year for full coverage, which is what I was paying Progressive for 6 months coverage.

As for someone's pot propensity, makes no nevermind to me. I went through my "wild time" in the early 70s while working at Disneyland. I did all the experimenting and that was it. If anyone else feels they need to champion some cause, that's their choice and right. If I disagree with it, I disagree with it. That's my choice and right. No big whoop......

Personally, I think he's [​IMG].

15. orangello

orangello New Member

Well, good for the geezer! I'm glad he is still free to support organizations that he believes in. I believe in State Farm; they've been a good insurance company to me for a long time (no i don't live in a flood plain or own a home).

I do appreciate the info for my future insurance shopping, if i choose to switch up.

16. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

It makes a beautiful shrub, and being a landscaper I can think of no better plant due simply to the fact that when it's shrub-trimming time, I won't have to bring a rake.

17. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Recycling! That's the ticket. How much better can that be? AND, it's good for the environment because green plants remove CO² from the atmosphere....

:::removes tongue from cheek:::

18. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

Now you're just talking gibberish! I'd make naked noises with Cameron Diaz regardless of her political views! I show her how we roll on the right.

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

I am pro pot (but I don't smoke it, or partake in any way), and I still wouldn't use Progressive. Why? Because when I was a young and single Marine living in the barracks with 2 roommates, they wanted over $900 per month to insure a freaking Cavalier. Because of my roommates driving records, even after I explained that I was living in the barracks, and was assigned the room, and the roommates, and for sure didn't pick them for myself. Over $900? I'm pretty sure you can finance a Corvette for that much, so that amount for insurance on a $15k car?

It was so ridiculous I've never even thought about becoming a client.

20. trip286

trip286 New Member

Just go down to the C-store and pick something up. :)