For new shooters

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by Mouser, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Mouser

Mouser Active Member

I came across this picture and thought I'd share...I would have been a better, more accurate shooter if I had been taught this simple and effective lesson

Attached Files:

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

that worked great for me until my eyes got old! :eek:

3. twotater38

twotater38 New Member

Bad when you can't focus on any of them!!! :)

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Always worked for me. When I had to start wearing glasses, my aiming didn't change. A few years back I had that LASIK surgery and now I see great without glasses. No change in aiming.

no offense and none taken
    BannedBackTogether@email.com

5. Axxe55

try wearing bifocals!:eek:

i can shoot better better blind!:p

6. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

That is the recommended practice for "Bulleye" Shooting. It does not work for combat and reactive pistol shooting. In combat shooting "Tunnel Vision" takes over. You see a clear super sharp image of the adversary. I hope anyway.:)

7. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Handgun accuracy for me has always been about not thinking about hitting the target. Just doing it. That probably doesn't make any sense to anybody, but it's always worked for me, especially during fast target acquisition & rapid fire.

8. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

So does that mean your are going to turn in all your guns for the good of society????:p

9. JimRau

That is what I teach. But the distance this works varies greatly from individual to individual!;)

10. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

go with that... just come back in a few years and tell me how it's working out ;)

11. Axxe55

ummmmm.......not no, but hell NO!:p

i can still hit what i aim at. i just use my old single vision eyewear instead of the bifocals when shooting open sights.

12. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

And I guess it would also depend on an individual's comfort level with their particular firearm. I've always referred to that as The Zen. It's when you and the firearm reach that real smooth sync. And with some you never do because you & the gun just weren't right for one another.

The Wand chooses the Wizard, Mr. Potter...

13. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

With the eye tests that are available today, they can tell the distance for a point of focus.

I suggest that you look into that, and get a single view lenses or have that area of the bifocal enlarged.

Now you won't be able to use the glasses for anything other than shooting, but it does work.

They also make lenses specific for computer users (and the distance almost equals the distance from your eye to the front sight).

14. m_collins07

m_collins07 New Member

I'm interested in looking into some of these eye test where can you find them.... There is one thing I wish that they would incorporate with the CCW class more with a little more hands on is weapons retention.. I mean they need to make a civilian level course.. I'm sure there is some out there but I'm in Oklahoma and I don't think there is any down here... I have seen a lot if people being placed in situations everyday where they would have gotten killed with there own firearms. It's like most people don't take that into consideration when carrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

15. JimRau

I refer to it as 'eye and hand coordination'!;) It is refined with practice.
    I guess you can call it 'The Zen' if you want.:)