For Californian's interested in still ordering ammo online

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Jeepix, May 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jeepix

Jeepix New Member

There is a 100% legal way to do it. CA doesn't let you know, your local range doesn't want you to know, your local gun shop/ammo/FFL retailer doesn't want you to know. They're all making money off you if you think you have to buy from them still or pay the transfer fee from online orders. CA doesn't want you to have ammo at all. Ever since the Ammogeddon law I've be looking for a way to get ammo. I reload, but calibers like 22LR (although you technically can reload them a few times with a special kit) just aren't worth reloading. I want accuracy and consistency, so I reload calibers like 9mmx19- even though my buddies tell me I'm crazy because it costs the same or more to handload them. But that doesn't help me with 22LR and 17HMR. I found this document online, followed it and now I can order ammo online just like before that stupid law. According to the law, I can also buy ammo from out of state and drive it in (although, I think online will always be cheaper) and I get an exemption from the 1 in 30 days for handguns (just make sure your FFL knows how to do the process correctly- must hit a drop down indicating COE on gun #2 and up or something). Anyway, this document details step by step with direct links to everything, just like the page states. If it weren't for this document I wouldn't have known where to start and there was at least one section I wouldn't have been sure what to fill out. This covers it all. If interested: https://buyammoonlineca.ecwid.com/

bluez likes this.
  2. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

They charge $30 for this, right ?

3. Jeepix

Jeepix New Member

For the procedure, this document. I think it cost me $121 total for all the other stuff, but I paid the highest for the fingerprinting. $10 less if you do it at a sheriff's station. Then renewal is $22/yr for one document and $30/3yrs for the other. But I've saved a little over half what I paid just on two orders online (2 cases of 22LR and two cases of 9).

They used to have a promo code, not sure if it works anymore. If you're interested I can dig through my email for it. 50% off with it.