For anyone looking to build an AR...

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by slowryde45, Jan 18, 2010.

1. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  2. junho806

junho806 New Member

wow those are some great finds slo!
    +1

3. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

this always happens to me, i just ordered the $465 mid length kit from del ton before seeing this....

all the reading i've done on these builds here, couldn't help myself and i had to just dive in.......

those are cheaper lowers than the $125 ones at rguns tho.

4. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

Mack, If you would have bought the $275 upper listed above and then got the bolt, carrier, charging handle and lower parts kit from Delton you would have only saved about 8 bucks. So I'd say you still done pretty good.

5. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

ah... that is true, tho i thought that $275 included a chrome barrel, where my kit had the chrome barrel option for an extra $45...

my thoughts were to get the cheapest basic kit i could, since i could always add a chrome barrel later....or make it part of a next project.

but that $60 lower...even with shipping and a lets say $50 ffl transfer fee...is under the $125 plus tax, transfer fee n shipping on the other lower i was looking at...(@ Rguns, they're in IL so I was looking to see if they can sell to me direct and avoid the additional FFL tranfer fee for a mail order)

definitely appreciate how the FTF crew here is like a bucket brigade of know how:D

6. Westy

Westy New Member

I picked up one of their nitride uppers for $275 a while back and it was a great deal I thought. :D

7. stanley_75

stanley_75 New Member

Hey, thanks, slo. These are some amazing prices!!!

8. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

Got the mid-length fluted upper last week. Super fit & finish with the PWA lower I'll use it on. Too darn cold to shoot it yet, but man does it look GOOD!!