For all you judge haters

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by alwaysarmed, Mar 29, 2013.

1. alwaysarmed

alwaysarmed New Member

For all of u that think its inaccurate with .45 and spread to wast with .410 this is two .45 rounds followed by three .410 at 20 feet.

image-2536172887.jpg

Attached Files:

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

3. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

If home invaders were paper...

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

And neon green :p

5. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I guess if I ever shot at 20 feet that be pretty good. But I practice at around 25-35 yards. I figure if I cna hit well there then at the average SD distance "Ill be spot on. Plus I love a challenge.;)

Honestly I have no beef with the judge as a 45LC. But any short bbl 410 just seems to not have a lot of use. But, I'm only one person. I'm sure that Taurus does not care much about my opinion.:)

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

i dont hate them i just think its a niche item and not a serious thing to use for home defense if loaded with 410 shells. there are much better guns for the same price range that uses 45colt.

7. racer_x

racer_x New Member

pocket snake gun, fishing

8. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

What happened to center-mass? Is scalping the bad guy your idea of center-mass? Sadly this photo kind of goes against your premise.

9. txpossum

txpossum New Member

20 feet is knife distance.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

QFT. I would still prefer a gun though.

11. alwaysarmed

alwaysarmed New Member

Chris

I had all ready shot the center some and wand to see how tight some other loads patterned so went with the head shot lol

12. PGM

PGM New Member

Shoulda gave it a real challenge and tried cardboard.

13. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i think he meant that 20 feet or less is the distance that someone with a knife is a considered a deadly threat. 21 feet IIRC is the distance most LE agencies use for being able to use deadly force upon someone with a knife. theory is, that 21 feet or less they could possibly cover that distance before you could fire a shot.

14. 1911love

1911love New Member

This was in another thread recently. I love them for two purposes. 1)Snakes 2)Master bedroom defense. Anything else is just fun concerning this gun. My father owns one and it's a riot at the range, especially when you load up 4 .45 Colts and "slip" in a .410 buck shell. Hand it to your buddy and wait for the smoke and confused look on their face.

15. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

It's all compromise.
    As a .45 Colt revolver, accuracy is compromised due the long-assed chambers.
    As a shotgun it's compromised by the short barrel, and rifling.
    As a gun in general, it's compromised by being a Taurus.

16. mag318

mag318 Member

I had a judge once and it was a fun and versatile revolver. When S & W came out with the Governor I bought on and found it to be an even better revolver. The Governor not ony fired 410s and 45 Colts but also 45 ACPs which makes it even more versatile. One big thing I found with the Governor is that it shot much tighter patterns than the Judge with 410 shotshells. Some don't believe these revolvers to be accurate because of the long chamber length. Nothing could be further from the truth.
    Check out my YouTube video [ame]http://youtu.be/m85Mr_XTiPI[/ame]

17. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The Judge: too much of a good thing.

18. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

That 'bout sums it up ;)

19. zebramochaman

zebramochaman New Member

I really like my Judge, 3" Bll, 3" Chamber. The grips are among the best I have ever felt, and it is very accurate with 45 Colt. The only complaint is that mine has a problem with .410 ammo. The cylinder freezes up after shooting one or two rounds. I am hoping that they will straighten this out for me so that I can be a totally satisfied customer.

20. Wolvee

Wolvee New Member

P226 @ 50'
    [​IMG]

:0)

I'm not going to hate on the Judge, it's a fun gun for snakes & pests but for defense there are better options. Nice shooting. Have fun.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013