For all the "haters"......maybe some trolls too

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by nosaj, Mar 1, 2013.

1. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Just picked up my Bushmaster Carbon 15. Considering the availability and price gouging going on, I am happy with the deal i got.

Yes, i have read all the reviews on the carbon 15 platform ...good as well as bad. It seems at least %90-95 of all bad reports were from people who do not own one.
    This is my first Ar type rifle and will mostly be used as a range gun.....secondary HD also(of course).

I will update with a range trip review when i get a chance to get out.

Any tips or helpful feedback would be appreciated. And yes I expect some negatives from the hardcore AR guys.

2. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Bone stock out of the box

ForumRunner_20130301_163425.jpg

3. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Kinda whacking on the hornet's nest ain't ya?
    Enjoy your rifle. BTW, did it come with the optic?

4. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Haha yeah jus causin' trouble and wanted to show off my new toy. Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.

Yes, it came with the red dot. No info on it in the box bit I read it is a Bushnell Trophy 1x32. Also came with a sling and 1 30rd mag

5. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

Have fun! ...and don't think for a second this will be your last one.

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I pieced together a Bushmaster carbon-15. I got the flat top upper and superlight barrel. Added an Ace ultra lite stock. The completed rifle weighs just under 4.5 pounds. Heavy rifles just seem to get heavier the further you carry them.

Attached Files:

7. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

Never have been a fan of the AR-15 or M-16.
    BUT,
    if you like em,
    and are happy with em,
    GREAT.
    I Don't knock anothers choice in fire arms.
    Enjoy the new toy.

8. nosaj

nosaj New Member

To be honest i was always an SKS guy....never thought i would own an AR

9. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Wow, superlight... I will probably heavy mine up with a rail and some back up sights....hope thats it

10. nosaj

nosaj New Member

I will definitely build one next time

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Got one. I like mine- does what it is supposed to do. DO read the instruction manual, it comes apart a little bit differently- pull both pins, lift the FRONT. Weighs less than the dust in the air around it....:p

12. nosaj

nosaj New Member

The manual that it came with doesn't even have my model..(carbon 15 superlight orc).haha
    It is the old book from when they didn't have dust covers or forward assist.
    I was able to break mine open by just removing the rear pin. Seemed to fit back together either way. Is there a reason i should not do it that way? Has something changed?

13. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Yeah- little wedge shape that tightens the fit between upper/lower. Pull both pins, but do not try to "shotgun" it. Holding pistol grip in one hand, bolt forward, put other hand under forearm near receiver, raise up. I can photograph the 4 pages of the manual that deal with Carbon 15s and PM them to you, but will be Sunday. Pages 60-64, little book. OR drop an email to Bushmaster, ask for a book.

14. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Enjoy it. Just because it's not what someone else would buy is irrelevant.

15. nosaj

nosaj New Member

I see no wedge that would fit between the recievers. Just don't want to miss something. I have disassembled and reassembled a few times already....fit and function appears to be the same as any other alum. reciever (regular) ARs i have been researching

ForumRunner_20130301_223901.jpg

ForumRunner_20130301_223913.jpg

ForumRunner_20130301_223924.jpg

ForumRunner_20130301_223935.jpg

16. nosaj

nosaj New Member

As long as the range report is positive.... I will definitely enjoy it!! Thanks. Bought it for me and my boys....not the gen public :)
    And with the $ I saved compared to other models...i was able to pick up 600 rounds also

17. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Hate goes both ways, OP, remember that. A friend paid $1000 for a $600 C-15 during the last panic which was a cryin' shame. Hope you did better.

18. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Paid $800. That's $45 under retail price. My LGS promised to never rip anyone off or price gouge....just have to be patient and wait for shipments to arrive.

I was equally pleased about picking up 660 rounds for about $230....but that was from steady surveillance of walmart

19. Donn

Donn Active Member

You'll like it Nosaj. I've got one too. It's a tack driver.

20. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

IIRC, i think Bushmaster also has it as a PDF file on their website.