Food dehydrators

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, Sep 29, 2013.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

My interest has been piqued on the recipe thread. I now want a food dehydrator. I don't need a huge, professional one but I want one that will be dependable and work well. I would use it for dehydrating fruits, vegetables and for making beef jerky. What do you use, what has been your experiences with dehydrators and what would you suggest to me? I'm not looking to spend more than $100.

2. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Winds the one I have used is available at wally world for less than $50 bucks. Had it for 4 years now. Comes with 4 trays.

3. winds-of-change

Do you know the brand name?

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

subscribed to this thread.

might learn something or two!

5. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

6. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I just went down an looked at the brand of the one I got for my birthday a couple of years ago. It's made by Nesco. Says "Nesco American Harvest". Looking it up online it looks like one can be bought for about $60.00

As it's the only dehydrator I've ever owned, I have nothing to compare it do. But it has five drying trays and adjustable temperature, and has done a good job on making jerky and drying bananas and apples.

It's worth the money.

7. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Was just looking at the Nesco line on Amazon, they seem to be highly rated, especially the DP-75A model.

8. winds-of-change

Thanks for this info. I forgot about this other site.