Follow up and comments on the Springfield RO with problem trigger

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Dearhunter, May 13, 2014.

1. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Went to the range with my new Springfield Range Officer .45 today.
    Photos at bottom. I still have a problem with the trigger. BUT! this gun is very accurate. I think I will wins a lot of matches with this gun. I put ball and wad-cutter ammo through it and not one jam or FTF. (150 rounds)
    I am shooting just off center target at about 8 o clock. Not sure if it my problem with the trigger or the sights need adjustment. I shoot mostly rapid fire, and a little bit of slow fire. (The head shot was slow fire). Very tight gun.

I am sure I will get the trigger the way I want it and happy with the gun.
    It is one well made gun.
    On the head shot, I changed my POA to 2 oclock and hit center.

IMG_0505_resized.jpg
    IMG_0503_resized.jpg

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

very nice shooting! is the trigger getting any better the more you shoot it or still the same?

3. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Good deal and nice shooting, have you seen the wheel? I will attach it anyway for those who haven't seen it.:)

Attached Files:

4. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

The correction target is for one handed shooters. The target is no help with both hands on the gun.

Here is some suggested reading:
    http://backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob85.html
    http://www.handgunsmag.com/2007/05/08/the-combat-grip/

The combat grip is a good article for sorting out problems with your grip. You are definitely using to much of your right hand to hold the gun. You are doing well for the first few times to shoot the gun. The first few times I shoot any semi auto my groups are more like patterns.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i doubt his problem is with his grip. he's having some issues with the trigger pull. here's the thread.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/bad-trigger-springfield-ro-106806/

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Considering that a "normal" living room is less than 50', I would think that is very good shooting.

(I still would like to know if it smooths out with firing (live and dry))

7. Dearhunter

Trigger still binds on me. I take up slack, then slowly squeeze, you can feel the trigger quick slips a fraction, I keep squeezing and the trigger releases.

Its that little fraction slip that gets me. I am guessing the trigger is about 4 1/2 pound pull.

8. Dearhunter

Here is a another piece of info I have not seen before. While cleaning the RO today, I noted a number hand etched in the bottom of the slide below the firing pin housing.
    See photo. Never seen this before. Have any of you?

[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

springfield does that all the time. they do it because they handfit then send the gun off for coating and final assembly through many hands. prevents guns from seperating in the build process. so if you get a springer with a different number on the slide than the serial on the reciever there has been monkey business

most common issue with new 1911 is burrs on the trigger assembly, i take mine apart and file/sand the edges of the trigger until it slides freely under its own weight in the frame. most likely whomever built that one is either new to his/her job or just missed stoning it. my wife's RO in 9mm the trigger slides free under its own weight right from the box. it needed no fitting or touch ups

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

My RO is like that- Should be the same as I think the last numbers in the serial number--matched 'n fit 'n all that :cool:
    Glad it's coming around- LOVE MINE :D

Oh yeah... Heres a real target for practice :p :p :p
    [​IMG]