folding stock

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by sigman84, Oct 31, 2013.

1. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

Just curious if anyone has tried the blackhawk specops folding stock? How is it for the recoil reduction? They say 50% but is it anywhere close to that number? Looking to put it on a truck gun so it will be easier to store.

2. xXbcann49Xx

xXbcann49Xx New Member

I am assuming that you mean collapsible, not folding. I have the Blackhawk Knoxx SpecOps Gen 2 on my Mossberg 500 and it makes a world of difference. I shot off 5 slugs in a row and the recoil was very manageable. I would compare the recoil to shooting a high powered rifle (like 30-06 or 22-250).

Attached Files:

3. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

No I mean their wire folding stock.

4. xXbcann49Xx

xXbcann49Xx New Member

Ahh, I just googled that one and saw what you are talking about. The recoil reduction system is the same on that one as it is on mine. However, there is a a rubber pad on the end of mine and there isn't on the folding version. I would think that would result in a little more felt recoil in the folding version.

Overall, I think the recoil reduction system works pretty much as advertised. I am happy with it.

5. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

Ya I just think that bar would suck punching straight back into the collar bone or shoulder pocket!