??Folding Glock??

Discussion in 'Firearm's Industry' started by AceGlock, Jul 24, 2018.

1. AceGlock

AceGlock New Member

Hey Guys,

So just recently I obtained a job working for this company called Full Conceal. It's the first company ever to make a folding Glock pistol. When I first started doing my research before accepting the position it was tough for me to see the benefits of such a design. But after seeing the gun in person and playing with it, wow my whole perspective changed. A couple ways they got me to understand the benefits was by using situations. So this first situation is having a Glock 43. Now keep in mind this gun is already pretty small. So when they folded up the G19 and placed it next to the 43 I was shocked to see it had almost an identical imprint with less of a rectangular shape. Amazing, but what else?? Imagine this, if your concealing a G43 you most likely will have an extra mag and mag holster. Not even including the holster for the 43. OR you could carry a G19 with Full Conceals modification which has the identical imprint of the 43 but holds 21 + 1 rounds and no holsters. It just makes sense to me. But I know theres a-lot of hate out there so i want to know your opinion. Just keep it clean and if you don't like it give me a reason WHY you don't like it. Please don't just say its stupid lol. Give me a logical reason why.!!! P.S no i'm not a sales rep but I do wanna know your thoughts!

Attached Files:

RONWIL likes this.
  2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Sorry ACE not to be offensive but not for me!
    IMO Another Industry Gimmick.
    How can you draw it immediately to protect yourself. S*** can happen in less than a second. "Unless I am missing the true application and purpose of the piece which I may be"?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    schnuffleupagus and Rifling82 like this.

3. aarondhgraham

aarondhgraham Well-Known Member

I have one question,,,

Why?

Aarond

4. AceGlock

AceGlock New Member

How come?

5. Sniper03

Ace
    Please see my edited post!

6. AceGlock

AceGlock New Member

Its actually super quick, I was going to upload a video but it was too big. But think about it, you wont have to pull up your shirt to get the gun and think if you casually put your hands in your pocket in a situation that could be escalated it would be less alarming then someone reaching on their hip. It could potentially avoid some dangerous situations. I appreciate your comments though!!! Love a good debate.

schnuffleupagus likes this.
  7. FFL01user

FFL01user Active Member

I recall signing up for e-mail updates on this years ago. I also recall opting out of receiving e-mails on this.
    Good luck, thanks for the sales pitch.

8. AceGlock

AceGlock New Member

Not a sales pitch I already bought the gun. Just curious as to why other people don't like it.

9. crash11049

crash11049 Well-Known Member Supporter

I will be honest, I don't like glock's.
    But even if it were another brand, I cant see the need for the concept.
    As a self defense gun, I would not feel comfortable depending on it to be ready quickly.
    The only reason I could see it having some use is in storage, taking up less space in a camping / survival bag.
    As far as storage in a safe go's if I need a folding pistol to fit it, then its time for a bigger safe.
    sorry but it's just not for me

10. Sniper03

And adding to the previous comments her. From Experience I will guarantee you that in threatening situations Fine Motor Skills are very difficult to perform. When a trained person can draw and fire in one second or under. That does not leave much time for the need to manipulate and functions. OMI
    But if you like it that is absolutely Great and certainly please enjoy it.
    In the LE training world we have a saying.
    "If we all liked the same thing we would all be married to the same Squaw!:p

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Not my cup of tea. It is not a new idea- been used in some form for over 100 years, without a great following being developed.

Why is it not my thang? One more step to bring a gun into action, and one more potential point of failure. Does not fill a need I have, and the price for the conversion is rather steep.

Rifling82 likes this.
  12. BillDeShivs

BillDeShivs Well-Known Member Supporter

Let me unfold my gun.....

Rifling82 likes this.
  13. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Wait!..... Time out........ Ok, I'm ready

14. youngridge

youngridge Well-Known Member

Convert a brand new one, run 5k rounds through it, let me know how it holds up(give it to a unbiased gun enthusiast), then lower the price of the conversion. I may take a look at it. Cool concept, I don't think the folding part takes as long as a person thinks, I would be curious about the safety of a chambered round while it is folded like that.

15. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

16. IowaShooter

IowaShooter Well-Known Member Supporter

I like it.

I like unique, different, fun, curious

Not sure it makes any sense... But is unique, fun , curious

17. BillDeShivs

BillDeShivs Well-Known Member Supporter

Hey! It doesn't have a trigger dingus!

18. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Placed in a pocket wouldn’t it have a rather large showing?

19. crash11049

crash11049 Well-Known Member Supporter

Hmmmm...shoved in my pocket I would no longer fear glock leg syndrome.
    But...I would be fearful of glock crotch syndrome.

20. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

This is a spoof, right? Somebody testing to see how gullible gun guys can be? Glock and their lawyers are going to license the building of a copy of their baby to an outsider making a trick gun?

You drop a thing like that in your pocket who knows what would end up in the magazine. The magazine is already the weakest link in a semi-auto handgun. If it exists, it is a gimmick gun with no practical value and a lot of potential drawbacks. It would be a classic example of a poor solution to a problem that does not exist. A folding knife was a good idea, that is not.

Sorry.