Folding Blade Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Ploofy, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

I need a new pocket knife. Hoping for something reasonably sized, straight blade that locks. I need as much strength as possible for as little money as possible. Just a nice little utility knife for daily use, sometimes in rugged conditions.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Ya know, for $15 you can become a Supporting Member and get access to our Promotive Discount Shopping. That will give you 40% of a large line of the knives available from Spyderco, Kershaw, SOG and Benchmade. Not to mention about 90 other brands of gear. Just sayin' ;)

What kind of knife do you prefer? Lock back? Liner lock? Any special features? Serrated? Non serrated? Shiny? Not shiny? Gentlemen's pocket knife or more field orientated?

Help us help you....

JD

3. orangello

orangello New Member

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  4. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

If you are looking for a decent blade that is fairly inexpensive and decent quality, you are probably going to be looking at Kershaw, Gerber, Cold Steel , CRKT or maybe a SOG. You can get some of these in the $25-$35 range.

If you want a step down, but still okay, you could look into Smith & Wesson knives. They are always on sale at Big 5 for $12-$15 or check any of these out on e-bay. Sometimes e-bay has a good price and free shipping.

5. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Oh, sorry. Thought I covered that but I can see how it wasn't clear. My bad. I prefer a liner lock for one handed use, but lock backs are fine. Non serrated. I can blue it if I need to, or paint it, so shininess doesn't matter. I have a couple Gentlemen's pocket knives, but definitely more field oriented. A thumb stud is also a big deal for me. Sorry, I'll be more specific next time.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

The Leek has a neat lil opening mechanism, not exactly a thumb stud, but slick.

7. Ploofy

Ploofy New Member

Oh, and I'm very much considering becoming a supporting member, but I have no credit card or paypal to use for it, and don't like asking my parents.

8. M14sRock

M14sRock Active Member

Cold Steel folding Bushman retails for $40. Much less online.

9. fireguy

fireguy New Member

My every day carry knife is a Kershaw Ken Onion design, I think it is the Blur, but don't remember. Opens easily one handed, sharp, and carries easily in the pocket. It is a good knife that is in the $55 range. For more money you can go with Spydies, something I have on the next knife list.

10. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I'd go with a Buck Folding Hunter. Nothing fancy, just a smart-looking lock-blade that you will come to depend on...and will miss when you forget to bring it along.

11. JohnnyS74

JohnnyS74 New Member

Been using the kershaw salvo has thumb studs,liner lock and some kinda g2 material on the handle works great in wet conditions is about 40 bucks and is made in USA.

12. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Game set match right there. There is no need for further discussion.

I love my leek I carry it EVERY SINGLE DAY..... I work in a school so Really I don't carry a knife I carry a tool that some what looks like a knife.

You know them evil black knifes just jump out of your pocket and stab people.