FNX-9 Failure to feed

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Nun, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Nun

Nun New Member

After research and firing I decided to puchase the FNX-9. Took it home and while cleaning it for the first time I noticed the feed ramp wasnt very smooth. I took it to the range and about 15-20 out of 100 rounds it failed to feed. I only brought 100 rounds of Remington UMC 115 grain. I am calling FNH monday. Anyone have similar issues? I dont want to shoot another 200 rounds to find its not a break-in issue. Thoughts?

2. nixfix

nixfix New Member

I recently bought a FNS-9. First few mags or so, it was sensitive to limp-wristing (every time my wife shot a mag, she's also a lefty, not sure if that mattered). After that no issues.

3. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

I have the .40 version. Not a problem at all and I run almost anything I can get through it. Give em a call.

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Limp wristing. New gun (not broken in) and the crappiest ammo available.

5. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I've never once had an issue with Rem UMC in any gun of mine or my friends.

Limp wristing I guess could be possible, but I'd suggest it more a case of magazine spring needing breaking in.

6. Nun

Nun New Member

Sent gun back for repair. Got it back. It looks like they polished the ramp and paper work says they used $100 in parts. No discription of what part. Took it out yesterday and ran three mags threw it and had zero problems.

7. nixfix

nixfix New Member

What was the turnaround time?

8. Nun

Nun New Member

About 2 weeks. I didn't mail it I drove it to there repair center in Arnold, MO. I had them mail it back to me.

9. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

I had to send my CZ in, about 6 weeks total. 2 weeks is pretty fast.