1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
Where have you found a FN AR?

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
I dont believe fn is allowed to produce ar15 due to agreements with the us govt over their military supply contract. The scar is not an ar15

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
I dont believe fn is allowed to produce ar15 due to agreements with the us govt over their military supply contract. The scar is not an ar15
That's the way I understand it too. There have been a very few FN lower receivers to slip out but they're as rare as the Magpul China Doll. And of course FN barrels are common but no complete AR, at least here in the US. (Not counting M16s).

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
Didn't know about that one either. Probably not the best name choice from FN when their contract prevents them from selling an AR commercially.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I'd be all over that SCAR if they were more reasonably priced, I'd give maybe $1,500, $2,500 is outrageous.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Trying to get a job at the Ford Super duty plant, if I get on, I'll run it by them.:p

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quentin said:
Didn't know about that one either. Probably not the best name choice from FN when their contract prevents them from selling an AR commercially.
I believe it is based upon FN Automatic Rifle, thus replacing the Browning with FN, and not using the traditional AR term.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quentin said:
I believe it is based upon FN Automatic Rifle, thus replacing the Browning with FN, and not using the traditional AR term.

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts