FNP-45 Tactical With Osprey Suppressor

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by SnoMan, Aug 25, 2011.

1. SnoMan

SnoMan New Member

FN Herstal developed this tactical handgun for the US military’s Joint Combat Pistol Program, and it immediately became the SnoMan’s favorite. This one is LOADED (isn’t that punny?) with raised night sights, a holographic red-dot sight, a flashlight/laser, and the Osprey silencer by Silencerco. It’s an excellent concealed-carry handgun — if you’re at least 9 feet tall.

Here’s a quick look at the FNP 45 Tactical:

• Has a threaded barrel, plus it’s longer than the regular FNP 45, to accommodate your favorite sound suppressor
    • Comes with three 15-round magazines — the regular gun comes with one 15-round and two 14-round magazines
    • Available only in Flat Dark Earth
    • Raised Trijicon night sights are included
    • Two red-dot sight mounting adapters are included
    • Four removable backstraps are included — you’ll find one just right for your hand size
    • Too big for concealed carry, but who cares?
    • All operational functions are ambidextrous
    • Double-action/single-action trigger
    • Recoil is reminiscent of a light 9mm
    • Base Street Price: About $1000.00
    • Price as tested: $2500-$3500 depending on your choice of accessories
    The Osprey silencer is as good as they get. I shoot this gun without ear protection all day long, and if you put water in it, it sounds like an air gun. At 11 ounces, it balances very nicely on the gun. The FNP’s felt recoil is already ridiculously low, but with the Osprey it nearly vanishes.

We did not do a rigorous accuracy test, but bench-rest 1-inch 5-shot groups at 25 yards are easy. Grip angle makes aiming easy and natural, and when you add the laser and/or the holo sight, target acquisition is as rapid as with any tactical handgun available.

Materials, design, and build are flawless. And who can say no to .45 caliber?

Watch our video:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-f656NUWVQ]FNP 45 Tactical with Osprey Silencer - YouTube[/ame]

And for a comparison with and without the silencer, watch: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lsx0WAetsI]FNP 45 Handgun Silencer Comparison - YouTube[/ame]

2. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

Very nicely done, a bit pricey for my taste but, a nice firearm nevertheless. Thanks for sharing

3. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Very nice set up there. I have always liked them SA/DA triggers on them FNP-45's and it's a fairly well balanced gun for it's size, including the added suppressor.

I do like them Osprey suppressors. :cool:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  4. JonM

JonM Moderator

going to rent a fnp 45 this weekend to try. been thinking about a similar setup but more likely ill just get a threaded barrel for my p220.

my chief gripe about the fn is all that ambi stuff and extended safety and releases.

5. AznZOhAn

AznZOhAn New Member

Sounds fun, I think I'd like it on a sig better as well.

6. JeffCooper

JeffCooper New Member

I liked the test of the FNP-45 in Handgunner last month that I even got my wife to enter the drawing. That is a sweet, sweet piece!

7. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

I really want to get a set-up like this...right after I have surgery to give me much bigger hands. I shot the FNP-45 at my range and it really was crazy difficult for a lil guy like me to maintain control on anything that resembled a follow-up shot. Great gun. Accurate. It should come with an asterisk or a sign that says "Must be this tall to ride."

8. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Very nice looking gun. Now you made me want one.

9. gunsavy

gunsavy New Member

I just watched the vid good job