FNP-45 tactical handgun

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by deisel68, Nov 16, 2011.

1. deisel68

deisel68 New Member

'm looking into buying this handgun. I own a 40 cal beretta now, love it. I want a another handgun but bigger. And I want to increase the caliber also. Anyone have any thoughts?

2. Toll13

Toll13 New Member

Buy anything FNH. The Swiss rock at more than knives. :)

Sent from a Droid...but not the Droid you are looking for.

3. Jake15

Jake15 New Member

I REALLY don't want to sound like some a$$hole know-it-all, but its just eating me up, so please don't take this the wrong way.........FNH is Belgian not Swiss, but then again, you didn't say it was. I'm guessing you just stated a fact, the Swiss also make good watches and cheese.

4. Toll13

Toll13 New Member

You know, I know that and usually make a waffle comment but I have a five week old and am really tired. :) Thanks for the excuse though. This way I can avoid being wrong.

Sent from a Droid...but not the Droid you are looking for.

5. 40calcliffy

40calcliffy New Member

FNH is from Belgium. Sig Sauer is from Switzerland .

6. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

I have a FNX40, its not a 45 but I love this gun. I swapped those hideous sights out for some green dots but other than that it's the best feeling best shooting gun I have bought yet.

7. TimKS

TimKS Member Lifetime Supporter

I have one.......the double stack mag makes for a wide gun, but I like the extra rounds available. It's a bit heavy for CC, but makes a nice night stand piece.

8. deisel68

deisel68 New Member

Any idea if the FHN is legal in NY? I did some research and it looks like it is not...

9. smith934

smith934 New Member

I have one with a Trijicon RM02 red dot and an AAC Ti-rant 45 suppressor. Since getting it, my 1911 and Glock 21 have been living in the safe. I love it, easy to shoot and totally reliable so far.

10. Banditweasil

Banditweasil New Member

Have to have 10 rd mags. And no threaded barrels.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  11. Werminator

Werminator Member

As weasil said, if you had 10 round mags it would still be illegal due to the barrel being threaded. With that said, you could look at the FNX45... or FNP45... basically the same gun but without the threads... Just be cautious about your round count in the mags... God help you if you use the weapon to defend yourself or your family and during the investigation you are found to be in possession of an illegal weapon...

12. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

I have the tac. and the comp. and I absolutely love them for their purpose. One lives in my shop office drawer, the other in my finger safe on my nightstand. I have a few FNH guns and have had zero problematic issues thus far. Go with it. 15 RNDS of .45 is hard to beat IMHO.

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

13. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I have a Browning Pro 40 that pretty much (other than the mags that come with it) is the FNP. It's the only poly frame pistol I own. I've fired a FNP 45 and I'd like to have one. Great handling pistols.