FNP 45 feed problems

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by griz45acp, Apr 23, 2010.

1. griz45acp

griz45acp New Member

About a year ago i purchased a new FNP-45. I was surprised with the inability of this firearm to properly feed 230 gr. JHP's . The edge of the hollow point cavity would catch on the front edge of the feed ramp. The distance from the top round in the magazine to the leading edge of the feed ramp is where the problem is. As the slide would come forward and engage the top round in the magazine, it would feed it right in to the edge of the feed ramp causing a jam. Thought maybe it was the magazine but the same thing happened with all 3 factory mags. Has anyone had similar problems? Other than that, the gun is a great design, high capacity and fits well in the hand.

thx, Chip

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Sounds like the Magazine (Not Clip) is sitting too low in the mag void.

A receiver issue not a Magazine issue. [​IMG]

3. WDB

WDB New Member

I agree with Cane, it's a mag issue, If it had this issue since day one why didn't you send it back for repair/testing? I have a FNP-40 it eats what ever I feed it using the factory mags. Take it to your local gunsmith he will be able to give you an answer pretty quickly. No since in owning a pistol that is prone to jamming. Fix it or sell it.

4. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

How many different HP types have you tried?

5. griz45acp

griz45acp New Member

If I spend $600 plus on a gun I expect It feed any factory ammo that's available. If it doesn't, then that's a problem.

6. WDB

WDB New Member

Agreed, now that you have owned the pistol for a year and still have the same problem what to do? Still think it's a mag issue but again suggest you have a local Gunsmith check it out. As I said my FNP-40 eats anything I feed it. If it didn't I would have resolved the proble in the first few weeks/months of owning the pistol.