fnh fns 9

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by JohnnyRingo, Jan 31, 2013.

1. JohnnyRingo

JohnnyRingo New Member

I bought an fns 9 a couple of weeks ago and have put about 300 rounds thru it. So far I love it. I have been doing a lot of reading on here for the last couple of weeks and have heard just about every other make and model mentioned many times but nothing about the FN. I am curious as to why. I didn't know if the gun was just not too popular or if there was some other reason.

2. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Lack of mass marketing? I've shot the FNS and FNX and really like them. Buddy just picked up a FNX .45 and loves it.

Same with CZ's. A couple of people on this board turned me onto them and I really likey! Have an order in for one right now.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

lots of folks skip em because they can get equivelant polyguns cheaper with xdm glock m&p.

lack of magazines doesnt help when it comes to fn products.

wont feed hp ammo reliably. they may have fixed it since initial release.

just some of the things why you dont see many of em around.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  4. jay634

jay634 New Member

I just got an FNX9. Shot about 40 rounds over thru it and it felt good.

5. JohnnyRingo

JohnnyRingo New Member

I know what you mean about the magazines, I haven't found any extras yet. Luckily it comes with 3. I think I'll go shoot some HPs this weekend to see how it does. So far I've only shot fmjs. When I was shopping around the fns was about the same price as the m&p and the glock at my lgs. I didn't look too much online since everyone was sold out of just about everything at the time.

6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Can't speak for others, but if it's stamped "FN" that's good enough for me.

7. arcpolo

arcpolo New Member

I own an FNP40...I like it so much I sold my G22 which I owned for over 10 yrs...great gun looks good. Reliable and very accurate

8. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I looked at that gun today. Felt great in my hand. My LGS has them for $650. Seriously thinking about buying one. I might consider letting go of my SR9 if it shoots as good as it feels. Would $650 be a fair price?

My LGS also had the FNX .45 but the grip is huge. About on par with a Beretta 92. Wasn't nearly as comfortable as the 9.

9. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

$650? I think that's a little high, but I bought my FNX40 before the surge.

10. justinkling1023

justinkling1023 New Member

Hey dudes or ladys dont know if ur a girl or boy but.. do y'all no what a good pocket pistol is good for a woman like my mom I hear alot about the 380's but I'm not sure that's why I'm on here to find out can y'all help me plzzz...

11. JohnnyRingo

JohnnyRingo New Member

I paid $630.00 for mine a couple of weeks ago. I went back in yesterday and they have them now for $575.00. Just my luck. Well worth the $ to me. I went and shot with a friend of mine a week ago who has an m&p 9 which I almost bought (not his, a new one) before I bought the fn. We both shot better with my fn. I was thrilled, him maybe not so much. I don't have a ton of experience with different handguns so I wouldn't begin to try say how it would compare to some of the others but I couldn't imagine one being a better feel for me.

12. jay634

jay634 New Member

I paid $560 for my FNX9.

13. asmith2690

asmith2690 New Member

I purchased an fns 9mm through the Leo/military program and paid under $500 with night sights.. I had to FTF in my first magazine and then proceeded to shoot three (17) round magazines as fast as I could with no issues. Must have been a freak incident I hope. Great gun high capacity well built. I sold my g22 and g23 when I bought it but could always use another glock. Any way seems to be a nice overall firearm

Attached Files:

14. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

15. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

FN makes a excellent product, you will be very happy with it. I was reading where you bought this through a military program, mind if I ask where? Also, be sure to use the same program for Glocks, it will save you quite a bit of money on those.

16. asmith2690

asmith2690 New Member

My wife's uncle is an ffl and when I was home on leave he mentioned that he is a dealer for FN and there is a military discount. Another boy had bought an fn scar and it was there waiting to be picked up when I picked up my gun. My guess would to find somewhere who sells fn's and ask them what the Leo/military discount is. I know there is one you just have to find someone who offers it. Good luck!

17. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Awesome. I had no idea. I have the Fnx40 and love it. Since your military in sure you know of the 240, heck of a weapon and that's pretty much what led me to buy my first FN handgun.