FNH 5.7mm

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Mandingo, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Mandingo

Mandingo New Member

I just bought a new black FNH 5 7. I shot about 80 rounds thru it today. I now have a new favorite gun!! Anybody else have one?

Attached Files:

2. russ1982

russ1982 New Member

How much did that run. I have wanted one it seems like it would be a fun little toy!

3. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

I've been considering new guns, and that one is on the list. Very cool little pistol. Right now though, a new AK is leading the pack for me.

How was it for accuracy? Recoil?

4. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Nice! I love the five seven! Are you broke now?!!

5. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Just sold mine for 875 lnib. Got rid of it simply because I find it impractical. Fun little gun to shoot around with though. ;b

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

6. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

I was curious about one of those. Just seemed like something that would be fun to shoot. Then I saw the price. Holy overpriced products Bat Man.

7. chewchew

chewchew New Member

You can find them on sale for $928.00 and if you have an ffl , that's all it cost. I have the 45 and the 5.7. I shoot 100 yard targets with my 5.7 and it does very well. The ammo for the 5.7 is only 23 dollars for 50 or you can load your own. Ammo is available at most gun stores.

8. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

The FNH manufacturing facility is about an hour from my house, so I bought my 5.7 from there a year ago for 699.99. Pretty sweet. Also got my tactical .45 from there for about 700. Friends and family pricing. ;) can't beat that. NIB.

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

9. WilliamTF

WilliamTF New Member

I've shot one and really liked it. As far as a SD gun I don't think its given the respect it deserves. Ballistically its pretty close to a .22 mag rifle but with the advantage of a spitzer style bullet. I'm a big fan of velocity and in my opinion the 5.7 is one of the best threat stopping handgun cartridges made. I just wish someone like Kahr would come out with a single stack 5.7 and someone would make some more affordable ammo. Id be one of the first in line.

10. Mandingo

Mandingo New Member

I got mine for $1050. I love it. The 5.7mm round is a thing of beauty ballistically. I thought I would never buy a $1000 pistol (never!) I have no buyers remorse. There is little to no kick. 30% less then a 9mm. With the right ammo it will go thru a bullet proof vest. Think about it? It's a rifle round in a hand gun!! 100 yard shots are easy. It weighs next to nothing. The 5.7 is nothing like any other handgun I've shot before. I highly recommend it.

11. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Be mindful of the frame. I have seen several with cracked frames that FN will not warrant. They want about $900 for a new frame.

12. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

My son really likes his. Over 1500 rounds, mostly handloads, and no problems of any kind. I've fired his weapon perhaps 150 rounds, and I really like it.:)

13. jimdet

jimdet New Member

I just purchased this gun yesterday. I bought it online at GB. Paid $1225. For it. A lot of money but I have been waiting some time to get one. It should be here next week. Can't wait to shoot it. I have fNC 's and love them.