Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Just did a search on gunbroker out of curiosity, and while I'm not sure what you consider "a ton of money", by no means are you going to find one cheap.

And then you would need to find/buy ammo...

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
fergsgunshop said:
I have 3000 rnds of ammo so I am good on that.
You have 3000 rounds of 5.7x28. Talk about a big spender. Even before the panic the five sevens were going for $1200.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I wouldn't waste your money. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
SmittyCity said:
Yeah I probably have a 1000 rounds myself, not that hard to come by if you just put forth some effort.
I'm just trying to figure out why you buy 3000 rounds for a gun you don't have. Kind of counter productive in a way don't you think?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lbwar15 said:
I'm just trying to figure out why you buy 3000 rounds for a gun you don't have. Kind of counter productive in a way don't you think?
If you only understood how the gun world worked.

When gas is cheap do you fill up your car and maybe a gas can? When you shop do you ever buy what's on sale ? Well if 5.7 ammo was 16 bucks a box would you buy it as an investment?

If I post a ? Please stick to what I ask I don't know it all that is why I am on a great blog like this asking questions.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
fergsgunshop said:
If you only understood how the gun world worked.

When gas is cheap do you fill up your car and maybe a gas can? When you shop do you ever buy what's on sale ? Well if 5.7 ammo was 16 bucks a box would you buy it as an investment?

If I post a ? Please stick to what I ask I don't know it all that is why I am on a great blog like this asking questions.
I have bin in the gun world since birth. So I thank I've got a good handle on it.

But I see your point. Unless it blows up in your face. Then your trying to seal 3000 rounds of ammo.

I am guilty of doing this tho. Bought a bunch of .223 before I got my AR. But it was to work over my wife. Lol. "I need a AR" "Why do you need a AR" "I have all this ammo and nothing to shoot it with" "Fine"

·
Registered
12 Posts
Try hinterlandoutfitters.com they price between $1049-$1100
Impactguns.com $1049-$1099
Gunsamerica.com. $1500-$2600 but these are auctions selling ammo, holsters and mags with
Masterpiece arms .com has type of 5.7. So check that out too..

Most of these sites are currently out of stock but it's a place to start looking and checking.

Now the issue I'm having is finding the blue tip ammo for my 5.7.. Anyone have a place that isn't out and ain't rapeing people for it?.

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
You mean you never acquired gun stuff "backwards"? I had 400 rounds of 7 X 57 before I had a rifle for it (ammo given to me). I had 4 AR !% 9mm mags before I had a gun to use them in (I go them cheap and had plans). I have over 1000 rds of .38 Super and never owned a pistol chambered in it (99% reloads, inexpensive used dies, range pickup brass, my own cast bullets).

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
The 5.7 is a great gun.

Ammo is not hard to find, and it's not overly expensive.

It's less expensive than quality hollow points in .40 or .45.

Last batch I bought for my PS 90 was $21 per box of 50.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
At my local gun store these pistols are going for $900 last I seen one. I tried to rent theirs just to shoot it, but they didnt have any ammo for it in stock.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I bought a magazine for a gun before I bought the gun. Lol. I knew I'd be getting one eventually do I knew I'd be needing it, us the $30 mag was cheaper to buy than a $500 gun

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
I was at the gun show in Southaven MS today and a 500 round box of 5.7x28mm was going for $800!
Was that the regular blue tip bullet ammo or the banned aluminum core??

I saw it last week at a LGS for $22 per box of 50. That would be$220 for 500.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts