Firearms Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
USN Aviation Ordnanceman from '79-'99, and now I have a career doing the jobs that Americans won't do. Shoot 100-150 rounds per month just to maintain proficiency (Sub-compact firearms will put that burden on ya!) and am looking to buy a larger frame semi in 9MM - .45 in the near future, so don't be mad if I pick your brains from time to time.

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Thank you for your service to this great country of ours. I look forward to sharing stories and hearing you tales.

JD

·
Registered
937 Posts
Gorknoids, Welcome aboard, brother. I too am a former redshirt, AO-2, served from 1965-69.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I lucked into the life by failing Avionics school down in Memphis in 1980. Best mistake I ever made! Were you a Mag Rat, an I-level guy, or a Squadronian?

·
Registered
937 Posts
I lucked into the life by failing Avionics school down in Memphis in 1980. Best mistake I ever made! Were you a Mag Rat, an I-level guy, or a Squadronian?
I wanted Aviation Machinist mate for a later civilian career, but the big brains decided I really wanted to be an AO. Okay, I said, then at least send me to WestPac for Vietnam service, but again the Navy knew that I really wanted permanent shore duty at NAS Miramar. I was assigned to Ops/Weps ("ships" company) delivering weapons to squadrons, until I made E-5 at 2 years in. Then I was made range master, which turned out to be pretty good duty. It was one of those Catch-22 things. I wanted to go to Nam, so they kept me state-side. I requested transfer to sea duty 3 times, and was denied because my current duties were too valuable. ???????? What-ever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts