Fn fal

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by homelessguy01, Apr 19, 2012.

1. homelessguy01

homelessguy01 New Member

Dont know a thing about them. Can people give me general info on the rifle?
    Ranges, mag capacity, prices, brands

2. KalashnikovBlood

KalashnikovBlood New Member

Im very sure AIMSurplus sells a copy, the originals are great rifles.

Spetsnaz for Life

3. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I dont know a great deal about them but i know they were developed in Belgium, they are .308. Some are semi-auto but there is also a full-auto version. They were used by both sides in the Balkans war, one side used sa and the other side used fa.

4. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

It does, and FAL = Fusil Automatique Léger ("Light Automatic Rifle")

6. tellmaster207

tellmaster207 New Member

FAL, you either love 'em or hate'em. To get a nice older one will cost you a couple hundred more. The newer ones will end up costing you more by the time you get it set up right. Old ammo will fead fine, accurate, plus having the stoping power of the .308 is a big plus over the 5.56, x39 rounds.
    IMHO everyone should have an AK, AR, & FAL.

If you can't find good shape PB's or can't do it yourself I recommend these guys. I have used them in the past and they have a little better than most product.

http://www.dsarms.com/

7. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

The FAL was one of the very best of the old time battle rifles. A favorite of mercenaries in the sixties and seventies.

IMHO, far superior to the M-14 in almost every respect. It was at one time standard issue in Great Britain, Israel, and quite a few other free world countries.

8. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

You mean the Falklands war...

The Balkan wars were in the very early 1900's...

9. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Sure, FN-FAL means 3500$, before shipping, tax, insurance, FFL fees,

ammo, and accessories. Help me out here, mags are what? 75$ each?..:cool:

10. Donn

Donn Active Member

I know two things about an FN/FAL. 1) I know one when I see it. And 2) I'd love to own one.

11. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

Known as the "Right hand of the free world" because it was once used in over 50 NATO countries. 7.62/.308, developed to give NATO a weapon similar to the U.S. M14.

DSA makes some pretty neat ones...expensive though

12. heavyliftn

heavyliftn New Member

I don't have the FN FAL I have the counterpart FNAR and it is a great rifle as long as you get good optics. Shots great and handles well. Only had a 200 but want to go longer but wld have to join gun club and don't have money for that. The FNAR comes with interchangeable cheek plate and butt stock.

13. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I have one. I LOVE it. It just looks sweet. I might get another from DSArms, I only hear good things about them. If you get one make sure it has a metric receiver, and make sure it's an Imbel receiver at that. It is long, and she is heavy, but what a great gun. Highly recommend it. Aftermarket stuff is limited compared to the AR platform, but I put a quad rail, magpul forgrip, and a holo sight on mine. 20 round mags are the norm, 30 rounders are available too.

14. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Ain't a L1A1 about the same?

15. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

That's the British "inch" pattern. Otherwise, same rifle.

16. Wi_Hunter556

Wi_Hunter556 New Member

What kind of accuracy are you getting out of the ds arms?

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. –Samuel Adams

17. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I should clarify, I DON'T have a DSArms, I want to get one. I have an Imbel metric receiver. I haven't taken her out but a bit past 100yards (i know, I know:rolleyes:) even then, I was only shooting a plate...it hit the plate every time. I know they have pretty good accuracy, not a sniper rifle, but accurate enough.

18. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Had one years ago. Screwed up when I sold it. Still kickin myself in buttocks for it.

19. Oblivion9

Oblivion9 New Member

I'm reluctant to sell anything. Seen way too many unhappy campers who sold their guns.