Fn 5.7x28

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by topcat990, Apr 18, 2013.

1. topcat990

topcat990 New Member

just picked up one of these and are they accurate ! Anyone else using one of these or reloading for them???

2. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

I just picked one up myself. I haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet. How are you finding ammo available for it? I cant wait to shoot mine. I hear they are ridiculously accurate plus the large capacity mags was a super selling point for me.

The downside for me is that I cant find ammo locally so I have to drive over an hour away to pay $30 a box for it but at least I have a source for it and apparently im the only one buying it.

3. rifleman77

rifleman77 New Member

What did you guys pay for yours? The price on them has doubled lately.

4. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

I got mine for a steal. $750 cash and about $400-450 in trade. One of the best deals I brokered. Only 199 rounds down the barrel.

5. rifleman77

rifleman77 New Member

I'm jealous. If I find one back around the $1000 mark its mine. I always find deals when I'm broke and when I have money can't catch a break.

6. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

Who you telling? Thats the way it always is. I really didnt have the sellers asking price but he needed cash and he accepted my trade looking to flip it into cash which worked out for me.

7. firemonkey150

firemonkey150 New Member

Lol I've seen these in the $2500 range as of late =P

8. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Last batch of ammo I bought from Midway USA was ~ $21.50/box of 50.

www.midwayusa.com

Stock is coming back slowly.

And Congrats on a damn fine pistol. You're gonna love it!

9. topcat990

topcat990 New Member

have been shooting mine a bit lately and it is one accurate pistol. my longest hit on a 4" target has been 150 yards. only draw back now is the ammo or should I say lack of.

thanks

terry

10. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

I know everyone complains about the lack of available ammo for this pistol. I know its not in every store on every shelf but how much ammo does one need to feel that this pistol isn't an expensive paperweight?

11. topcat990

topcat990 New Member

how much ammo

for me and all of my pistols and rifles 500 - 1000 rounds each calibre. for the larger rifles 375 and above 500 rounds. i like to shoot a lot. for this 5.7x28 i currently purchase as much as i can everywhere i go. right now prices go from 35.00 per 50 to as much as 100.00 per 50 for some of the special rounds.

12. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

I found this funny you guys might as well. So I go to my local gun store today and to my surprise they had FN 5.7X28 SS197 40GR ammo actually on the shelf. The funny part is they were asking $50.00 a box. So I was talking to one of the sales reps and I was telling him I had a few boxes of FN 5.7X28 SS198 LE/MIL restricted ammo if he was interested. He has a couple of P90's and a former Marine but he says he doesn't have the dough but I should talk to the owner. I talk to the owner and he says he is interested and I asked him what will you give for it by the box. He says he will pay me what he can get it for. So I ask what can he get it for. So he gets on the computer and after a few minutes he say I can get it for $35.00 a box $600.00 something a case (1000rds) he also said that no one seems to be selling it or shipping it at the moment. I kind of laughed but I thought it was funny that he "can get" restricted ammo for $35 a box but is selling the regulaur ammo at $50 a box, I wonder what that cost him...... must be a nice profit margin.......

13. rifleman77

rifleman77 New Member

Sounds like any store. I got a FNX 9 mag on accident for my FNS 9 and thy aren't compatible. Tried to sell it at the gun show for $20 at a store with one in the case for $45 and they said they just couldn't take the risk.