FMJ "full metal jousting"

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by MrWray, Feb 13, 2012.

1. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Anyone watch the show?

2. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

No...What channel ???....

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Its on the History channel on Sundays.the first episode was lastnight.

4. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

I wanted to watch that last night but I was tied up watching stuff off the DVR and forgot. It looked decent, but so do a lot of shows, only to let you down in the end. I'll set it up to record now while I'm thinking about it.

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

It looks like its gonna be good, its full contact so it should be pretty entertaining

6. bkt

bkt New Member

Funny thing...I've known some professional jousters (yes, there is such a thing) and they're not built like tanks like these shows on TV portray. They guys I know are average-sized but they're tough as hell. Technique trumps brute strength in this sport.

I haven't seen this series, yet - it's more Hulu fodder (along with the prepper show on NatGeo) when I have time.

7. shootitout

shootitout New Member

I think it looks good but it might get old like deadly catch

8. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

The wife and I caught it last night. Not great, but also not bad. We will continue to watch it and see where it goes.

9. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I missed it but look forward to checking it out and seeing if it's my thing.

10. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

I caught the last 10 minutes of the first episode during a replay; I pretty much caught the match. Seemed alright, kinda has me interested, I'll have to try and catch a whole episode before I fully judge.

11. Yunus

Yunus New Member

It seems like a decent show. I give all those competitors credit for having the guts to try it.

The suits of armor look authentic but with a modern twist..... Awesome!