Fluid Film Feedback

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by M14sRock, Oct 2, 2010.

1. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I got a small can of Fluid Film this week from Dano. Interesting smell, interesting texture. I did not taste it.

Went to the range today and had the chance to try it out. Used it on several guns that are already reliable, and they stayed reliable. Hmm...

THEN, one high end 1911 in particular came out to play and lo and behold it did not go all the way into battery every time while firing. Each mag had at least one occurrence, with a couple of mags tried. One Wilson Combat, and one S&W which looks like a Tripp. Broke it down, wiped it off and used some Fluid Film on the rails, barrel and chamber hood.

Cycled it a few times and it FELT good, though it had been smooth before being Fluid Filmed, too.

Loaded up a couple of mags and they went off without a hitch. Reliability was 100% from there on out, probably another 100+ rds. Now, was that a true test of the awesomeness of Fluid Film? Probably not. But this particular 1911 is a known performer, and has been well maintained and lubed. But there is no way to dispute that the Fluid Film got it back in the game today.

Next test will be an AR 15 torture test out in the dez. That should show what the Fluid Film can really do. If it passes that test, I'll try it on an M14. They should be greased, but the Fluid Film might just work.

But so far I give it one "Thumb Up", and will continue to use it.

Thanks, Dano!!!

2. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Got my can, Thank you Dano. Haven't had a chance to use it yet. I will post more as soon as I do.

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

What did I tell you? I LOVE that stuff. I've been using it on my 1911 for a little while and couldn't be happier. I really like how well it clings to the metal for a daily carry piece. I haven't tested it on my AR but I could on my next outing. Great report, M14.

4. Dano50

Dano50 New Member

Hey, thanks for the feedback! :D

5. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

When did you say we were going to the desert?:D

6. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

How about later this month?

7. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

My pleasure Dano. It seems to be a great product so far. I will wring it out some more and post my observations here.

Is it only avail in an aerosol?

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

M14, you can get that stuff in 5 gallon buckets according to their website. I just wish I could find a dealer close by, all of them are over an hour away.

9. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

In "speaking" with Dano, here is what I know.

Fluid Film has an aerosol propellant. The actual product does NOT need to be shaken/mixed to work (like that evil pox on the world, Break Free). When I spray the Fluid Film onto the parts where it needs to go, it bubbles (kinda like carbonation), and that is the propellant evaporating.

It IS avail as a brush on. Excellent.

I will devise some other tests and post those results here.

10. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

COOL!!! Maybe we will need to set up either a "group buy", or an FTF program?

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have used the Fluid Film on my gun and it seems to be fine. I am very new to guns so I don't have much experience with different products to clean, lube and protect my gun.

But I found an old dog leash in garage that I thought I could still use. The clip was corroded and I couldn't get it open. I sprayed a little Fluid Film on it and waited about a half hour. The clip on the leash was loosened and fully functional. I was quite impressed.

12. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Spitty,
    I got a sample the other day and working on setting up a test piece for doing some experimenting this weekend. If all goes well, I may need to get one of those 5 gallon buckets to put on my machine tables & bed ways. Yes?

13. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

A very direct Fliud Film feedback post.

Got it.
    Used it.
    Applied it.
    Heat tested and worked it.
    Jack was very impressed by it.
    Firearms functioned flawlessly with it.
    Will definitely be getting some more of it.

[​IMG]

14. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Shoot, I just saw that you can get a 55 gal drum of the stuff, holf cow!

I checked out the website (I gotta try this stuff) I guess its available in the ski and snowboard stores here. it seems like the possibilities are endless with this stuff.

15. Dano50

Dano50 New Member

Because of the lack of solvents it can be used almost anywhere. Plus its classified as non-toxic and non-hazardous so it's safer than most of the competitive products that don't work worth a sh*+ anyway. :D

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Dano - What would you conservatively recommend for our members, in terms of size of container, to keep their weapons treated and have some left over for other applications?

Thanks,

JD

17. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Here's another thumbs up. Scubie used it on his lever action shotgun, said it improved the action.

18. Dano50

Dano50 New Member

I would recommend a standard 11 3/4 oz aerosol can. With Fluid Film a little goes a long way. You don't need to saturate anything with the product. Usually, a good misting is all that is necessary to get the job done.

19. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Nice. Do you recommend the NS or the AS formula? I went to one of the websites and got confused as to what I was ordering.

Where do you recommend we purchase from?

20. Dano50

Dano50 New Member

I'd stick with the AS. The easiest way to find your closest dealer is through our website at Fluid Film® | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor. Just click on Purchase to access our dealer locator or find an online dealer.