Flu & Flu vaccine poll

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by orangello, Jan 10, 2013.

1. I have had the flu since July 2012.

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  2. I have had the flu vaccine since July 2012.

19 vote(s)
    76.0%
  3. I have had the flu vaccine AND the flu since July 2012.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. orangello

orangello New Member

Let's keep the conspiracy theories for another thread please; i would just think it would be nice to see the numbers here.

I want to know how many of us have had the Flu this year and how many of us had the flu vaccination THIS SEASON (since say July).

If you had any treatments that really helped or didn't, post up. If you want to list your location by state, feel free.

I have not had either yet (knocking on particle board).

No bears voting please, only interested in the human-impacting strains of flu.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I drove passed a hospital. Didn't go in. Just drove by. BAM! Got the flu! :eek:

3. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Get the shot every year and have never had a severe case of the flu. My junk does glow in the dark whenever a black helicopter flys by however.

4. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Vaccination, no thanks.
    No flu, colds, or crud this season.
    I wash my hands routinely thru the day this time of year. Haven't had a cold or flu in 15 years.

I have given out about 2 gallons of my special recipe chicken noodle soup to 4 households of friends and family. After eating it everyone was symptom free in 7-10 days. It was a potent batch of cure-all.

5. tri70

tri70 New Member

I had the flu just after Christmas, just now getting over it. Not real bad sick just running nose, congestion and some coughing. I don't do flu shots.

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

my place of employment gave out free flu vaccines in october so i went and got one. ive been flu free

7. astroman

astroman Supporting Member Supporter

I don't do flu shots either. Just getting over the flu as well and it sucked!

8. JSStryker

JSStryker New Member

Got my shot at the VA, no flu here.

9. bobski

bobski Active Member Sponsor

i never pass up free.
    thank GOD im a vet in the VA.

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I haven't had the flu vaccine in many years, even though it was offered free where I work. I have run thousands of rapid flu tests in the last few years of my hospital lab career and never caught the flu, though I've handled positive flu swabs hundreds and hundreds of times.

11. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I got it, no flu. I've gotten the flu shot several consecutive years, and I have not gotten the flu.

12. Gallows

Gallows New Member

Poll Options

Have you had the flu/influenza since July 2012?
    I have had the flu since July 2012.
    I have had the flu vaccine since July 2012.
    I have had the flu vaccine AND the flu since July 2012.

None of the above.

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

thats a cold not the flu.

the flu comes with aching muscles and sore throat. stuffed up nose congestion coughing lethargy is the common cold which often mistaken for the flu.

i had a cold this past weekend it sucks. but ill take that over flu anyday

14. krosskelt

krosskelt New Member

Never get the shot hardly ever get the flu. When I do it only last a day or two very mild. Kids are the same way. My wife however gets the flu once a year never last more than 4 days.

Treatment includes: baths, sleep, soup, more sleep

15. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

no shots, no flu ;)

but some would say I'm a bear so my data may skew your poll :p

16. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Had the shot and no flu while seemingly everyone i know who hasn't has been sick, even my wife.. 1st time I've ever had the shot btw

17. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Me: No shot, no flu.

Wife and daughter: Both got the shot, and neither one has had the flu.

I never get the shot, and they always do. One works at the school, the other is a student at the same school. We all three take a multi-vitamin, and an aditional 1,000 mg of vitamin C everyday. Also, we get raw milk (unpasturized) from a local farm, which has antibodies in it that the store bought stuff is lacking. Add to that, that I am a chronic hand washer, and I use purell frequently. None of us has had the flu in 5 years, and it is rare that we get sick.

The downside to this is that when anyone of us gets sick, we get hit hard.

18. Colby

Colby New Member

Just got the flu shot three days ago. No flu yet.

Have gotten sick sometimes after a flu shot in past years - so stopped taking it. But was talked into it by a doc this year. So far - not sick...

19. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I don't know if this coincidental or a medical fact. It seems like the first year you get a flu shot you get sick. After the first year you don't get the flu as often as those who go untreated.

20. rurak

rurak New Member

I have had the shot and gotten the flu after it two years in a row. I'm never getting it again