flt helmet

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by AH-1, Oct 20, 2010.

1. AH-1

AH-1 New Member

my old flight helmet from the cav.:) my plt had this done when I got short.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SecPro

SecPro New Member

That is freaking awesome padre

3. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Awesome looking helmet AH-1!!!

Mine's not as cool as yours, but the best I can do.

335th AHC Gun Platoon at Ft. Riley was callsign Falcon, sorry Atlanta fans.

Helmet_01.jpg

Helmet_02.jpg

Helmet_03.jpg

:cool:

4. AH-1

AH-1 New Member

snakedriver that is hot!!!.[​IMG][​IMG]

I am getting all my junk together and going to give it to my grandson when he gets older.
    found these the other day.I wore them for years until I got captured in a RDF deployment :D

[​IMG]

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Way cool guys. Sadly, I don't even have any pix of my days in uniform much less any memorabilia...

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Tried on part of my uniform the other night, and it still fits. A trifle snug, but still fits. Anybody know how to let dogtags out? :D

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Good stuff gentlemen.

8. AH-1

AH-1 New Member

my ear plugs still fit :D

9. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

AH-1 and Snake, were you both Cobra drivers!
    Awesome to see old school helmets with no tacticool NVG’s etc. screwed onto them. Hell I bet you guys even know how to fly without GPS!
    Great stuff! And on a firearms forum… go figure!

10. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Yeah, it was seat of the pants flying and good ol' Kentucky windage without any fancy electronic do-dads. We even had to read maps and use dead reconing to navigate. :cool:

The new flyers these days would probably crap their pants if they saw the stuff we used to do at night before NVG's were invented. :eek:

All joking aside, thanks for the complements. :)

11. AH-1

AH-1 New Member

hey guys I was a NCO.aircraft weapons and a T.I. with lots of stick time so no I wasn't a pilot.that said they showed us enough to get it home if we had to.
    I got to shoot rockets mini-gun 40mm and later on the 20mm in the AH-1F.never got to shoot a tow due to the $$ factor.I got my master wing wings before I retired (15 years on flt status).we had to log 4 hours a month to stay current.I had more time in hueys/gunner than snakes as it was easier to get time on trash & ass missions.ol snake driver is the real deal pilot but the aircraft was mine.
    one thing I would like to say is we were a tight group and worked as a team.I have had the officers/CWO's out helping from bore sighting to pre to post flights working right beside us.I always had the highest respect for them.
    pete

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Thanks for your service gentlemen!
    I have been a helicopter mechanic for 30 years now, I have my private pilots license, but could never hover a helicopter, even though I still try when dual controls are installed, guess it’s not in my DNA.
    So I’ll just keep turning wrenches and riding in the left seat, of course in a Cobra there is no left seat!
    Post more pics, I for one love seeing rockets launched in flight, and the nose mini-gun is the baddest thing ever!

13. AH-1

AH-1 New Member

@ 18 first unit 238th AHC
    [​IMG]

AH-1F

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]